Dec 9, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
Understatement: the Pittsburgh Penguins are glad that Evgeni Malkin is playing on Monday … and the Columbus Blue Jackets probably are not.
Everyone else should be grateful, as the all-world center has been making some big plays in a game that’s in progress on NBCSN, with the obvious highlight being his almost-unfair 1-0 goal:
Yup, he looks pretty healthy there. That tally is the 27-year-old’s eight goal and 38th point of the 2013-14 season.
It also ends the Blue Jackets’ shutout streak at 162 minutes and one second, according to the Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)