Dec 9, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
Understatement: the Pittsburgh Penguins are glad that Evgeni Malkin is playing on Monday … and the Columbus Blue Jackets probably are not.
Everyone else should be grateful, as the all-world center has been making some big plays in a game that’s in progress on NBCSN, with the obvious highlight being his almost-unfair 1-0 goal:
Yup, he looks pretty healthy there. That tally is the 27-year-old’s eight goal and 38th point of the 2013-14 season.
It also ends the Blue Jackets’ shutout streak at 162 minutes and one second, according to the Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)