Dec 9, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
Understatement: the Pittsburgh Penguins are glad that Evgeni Malkin is playing on Monday … and the Columbus Blue Jackets probably are not.
Everyone else should be grateful, as the all-world center has been making some big plays in a game that’s in progress on NBCSN, with the obvious highlight being his almost-unfair 1-0 goal:
Yup, he looks pretty healthy there. That tally is the 27-year-old’s eight goal and 38th point of the 2013-14 season.
It also ends the Blue Jackets’ shutout streak at 162 minutes and one second, according to the Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5