Dec 9, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
Understatement: the Pittsburgh Penguins are glad that Evgeni Malkin is playing on Monday … and the Columbus Blue Jackets probably are not.
Everyone else should be grateful, as the all-world center has been making some big plays in a game that’s in progress on NBCSN, with the obvious highlight being his almost-unfair 1-0 goal:
Yup, he looks pretty healthy there. That tally is the 27-year-old’s eight goal and 38th point of the 2013-14 season.
It also ends the Blue Jackets’ shutout streak at 162 minutes and one second, according to the Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 28
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 23
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 36
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (68)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)