Dec 9, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
Understatement: the Pittsburgh Penguins are glad that Evgeni Malkin is playing on Monday … and the Columbus Blue Jackets probably are not.
Everyone else should be grateful, as the all-world center has been making some big plays in a game that’s in progress on NBCSN, with the obvious highlight being his almost-unfair 1-0 goal:
Yup, he looks pretty healthy there. That tally is the 27-year-old’s eight goal and 38th point of the 2013-14 season.
It also ends the Blue Jackets’ shutout streak at 162 minutes and one second, according to the Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 2
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 95
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 47
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63