Dec 9, 2013, 6:53 PM EDT
The New York Rangers are hoping to turn things around as their nine-game homestand began with a stumble, so perhaps beefing up might help? The team brought bruising winger Arron Asham up from the AHL and sent J.T. Miller to the Hartford Wolf Pack in his place.
Asham, 35, collected two assists and 19 penalty minutes in 12 games in the AHL. He seems to rack up PIM a little faster in the NHL, as he had 14 in just three games with the Rangers this season (going without a point in that span).
While he won’t be confused with a high-level scorer, Asham is a fairly productive player relative to his peers. He has four career 10+ goal seasons.
Miller, 20, has two points and a -6 rating in 17 games with the Rangers. He’s spent some time in Hartford, too, scoring six points in six AHL games. Perhaps the first-rounder (15th overall in 2011) will receive a confidence boost from playing in the minors, then.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)