Dec 9, 2013, 6:53 PM EST
The New York Rangers are hoping to turn things around as their nine-game homestand began with a stumble, so perhaps beefing up might help? The team brought bruising winger Arron Asham up from the AHL and sent J.T. Miller to the Hartford Wolf Pack in his place.
Asham, 35, collected two assists and 19 penalty minutes in 12 games in the AHL. He seems to rack up PIM a little faster in the NHL, as he had 14 in just three games with the Rangers this season (going without a point in that span).
While he won’t be confused with a high-level scorer, Asham is a fairly productive player relative to his peers. He has four career 10+ goal seasons.
Miller, 20, has two points and a -6 rating in 17 games with the Rangers. He’s spent some time in Hartford, too, scoring six points in six AHL games. Perhaps the first-rounder (15th overall in 2011) will receive a confidence boost from playing in the minors, then.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 15
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)