Dec 9, 2013, 7:35 PM EDT
It sounds like Malkin will return to the Penguins’ lineup tonight after missing two games with an unspecified lower-body injury.
Malkin was on the ice for this morning’s game-day skate as the Pens prepare to host the Blue Jackets (on NBCSN).
The Pens went 1-1-0 without Malkin, beating San Jose and losing to Boston. The 27-year-old forward was piling up the points before reportedly suffering an injury during Thursday’s morning skate prior to the San Jose game. He had four goals and 21 assists in the month of November alone, then added a pair of assists versus the Islanders on Dec. 3.
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)