Dec 9, 2013, 7:35 PM EDT
It sounds like Malkin will return to the Penguins’ lineup tonight after missing two games with an unspecified lower-body injury.
Malkin was on the ice for this morning’s game-day skate as the Pens prepare to host the Blue Jackets (on NBCSN).
The Pens went 1-1-0 without Malkin, beating San Jose and losing to Boston. The 27-year-old forward was piling up the points before reportedly suffering an injury during Thursday’s morning skate prior to the San Jose game. He had four goals and 21 assists in the month of November alone, then added a pair of assists versus the Islanders on Dec. 3.
- Video: Patrick Kane scores a beauty against Buffalo 1
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 24
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 18
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)