Dec 9, 2013, 7:35 PM EDT
It sounds like Malkin will return to the Penguins’ lineup tonight after missing two games with an unspecified lower-body injury.
Malkin was on the ice for this morning’s game-day skate as the Pens prepare to host the Blue Jackets (on NBCSN).
The Pens went 1-1-0 without Malkin, beating San Jose and losing to Boston. The 27-year-old forward was piling up the points before reportedly suffering an injury during Thursday’s morning skate prior to the San Jose game. He had four goals and 21 assists in the month of November alone, then added a pair of assists versus the Islanders on Dec. 3.
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 7
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)