Dec 9, 2013, 7:35 PM EDT
It sounds like Malkin will return to the Penguins’ lineup tonight after missing two games with an unspecified lower-body injury.
Malkin was on the ice for this morning’s game-day skate as the Pens prepare to host the Blue Jackets (on NBCSN).
The Pens went 1-1-0 without Malkin, beating San Jose and losing to Boston. The 27-year-old forward was piling up the points before reportedly suffering an injury during Thursday’s morning skate prior to the San Jose game. He had four goals and 21 assists in the month of November alone, then added a pair of assists versus the Islanders on Dec. 3.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25