Dec 9, 2013, 7:35 PM EDT
It sounds like Malkin will return to the Penguins’ lineup tonight after missing two games with an unspecified lower-body injury.
Malkin was on the ice for this morning’s game-day skate as the Pens prepare to host the Blue Jackets (on NBCSN).
The Pens went 1-1-0 without Malkin, beating San Jose and losing to Boston. The 27-year-old forward was piling up the points before reportedly suffering an injury during Thursday’s morning skate prior to the San Jose game. He had four goals and 21 assists in the month of November alone, then added a pair of assists versus the Islanders on Dec. 3.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 19
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 18
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 43
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 120
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 79
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7