Dec 9, 2013, 2:45 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Vancouver rolls with Lack
Eddie Lack will make the first home start of his career tonight against Carolina.
The Vancouver netminder — who stopped 29 of 31 shots in a 3-2 win in Carolina on Dec. 1 — will be in goal when the ‘Canes visit Rogers Arena on Monday. Lack hasn’t played much this year but has been solid when called upon, posting a 3-2-0 record with a 2.41 GAA and .911 save percentage.
No word yet on who Lack will face in the Carolina goal.
Flyers go back to Mason
Steve Mason will be back in goal on Monday when the Flyers take on the Senators in Ottawa.
Mason was yanked from his last start — a 5-1 loss to Dallas in which he allowed four goals on 26 shots through two periods — and there was some thought the Flyers would counter with Ray Emery tonight against his former club. But Mason will get the call, making his 22nd appearance of the season.
Craig Anderson will get the call in Ottawa’s goal, coming off a decent 28-save effort in a 4-3 shootout loss to Toronto on Saturday.
— No confirmations out of Anaheim for tonight’s Isles-Ducks game, either. (UPDATE: Isles will start Anders Nilsson.)
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 14
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 10
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 11
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 96
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (96)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)