Dec 9, 2013, 2:45 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Vancouver rolls with Lack
Eddie Lack will make the first home start of his career tonight against Carolina.
The Vancouver netminder — who stopped 29 of 31 shots in a 3-2 win in Carolina on Dec. 1 — will be in goal when the ‘Canes visit Rogers Arena on Monday. Lack hasn’t played much this year but has been solid when called upon, posting a 3-2-0 record with a 2.41 GAA and .911 save percentage.
No word yet on who Lack will face in the Carolina goal.
Flyers go back to Mason
Steve Mason will be back in goal on Monday when the Flyers take on the Senators in Ottawa.
Mason was yanked from his last start — a 5-1 loss to Dallas in which he allowed four goals on 26 shots through two periods — and there was some thought the Flyers would counter with Ray Emery tonight against his former club. But Mason will get the call, making his 22nd appearance of the season.
Craig Anderson will get the call in Ottawa’s goal, coming off a decent 28-save effort in a 4-3 shootout loss to Toronto on Saturday.
— No confirmations out of Anaheim for tonight’s Isles-Ducks game, either. (UPDATE: Isles will start Anders Nilsson.)
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 13
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 31
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 65
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)