Dec 9, 2013, 2:45 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Vancouver rolls with Lack
Eddie Lack will make the first home start of his career tonight against Carolina.
The Vancouver netminder — who stopped 29 of 31 shots in a 3-2 win in Carolina on Dec. 1 — will be in goal when the ‘Canes visit Rogers Arena on Monday. Lack hasn’t played much this year but has been solid when called upon, posting a 3-2-0 record with a 2.41 GAA and .911 save percentage.
No word yet on who Lack will face in the Carolina goal.
Flyers go back to Mason
Steve Mason will be back in goal on Monday when the Flyers take on the Senators in Ottawa.
Mason was yanked from his last start — a 5-1 loss to Dallas in which he allowed four goals on 26 shots through two periods — and there was some thought the Flyers would counter with Ray Emery tonight against his former club. But Mason will get the call, making his 22nd appearance of the season.
Craig Anderson will get the call in Ottawa’s goal, coming off a decent 28-save effort in a 4-3 shootout loss to Toronto on Saturday.
– No confirmations out of Anaheim for tonight’s Isles-Ducks game, either. (UPDATE: Isles will start Anders Nilsson.)
- Ryan agrees to seven-year, $50.75 million extension 11
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 37
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 10
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (37)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)