Dec 9, 2013, 2:45 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Vancouver rolls with Lack
Eddie Lack will make the first home start of his career tonight against Carolina.
The Vancouver netminder — who stopped 29 of 31 shots in a 3-2 win in Carolina on Dec. 1 — will be in goal when the ‘Canes visit Rogers Arena on Monday. Lack hasn’t played much this year but has been solid when called upon, posting a 3-2-0 record with a 2.41 GAA and .911 save percentage.
No word yet on who Lack will face in the Carolina goal.
Flyers go back to Mason
Steve Mason will be back in goal on Monday when the Flyers take on the Senators in Ottawa.
Mason was yanked from his last start — a 5-1 loss to Dallas in which he allowed four goals on 26 shots through two periods — and there was some thought the Flyers would counter with Ray Emery tonight against his former club. But Mason will get the call, making his 22nd appearance of the season.
Craig Anderson will get the call in Ottawa’s goal, coming off a decent 28-save effort in a 4-3 shootout loss to Toronto on Saturday.
– No confirmations out of Anaheim for tonight’s Isles-Ducks game, either. (UPDATE: Isles will start Anders Nilsson.)
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 16
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)