Dec 9, 2013, 2:45 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Vancouver rolls with Lack
Eddie Lack will make the first home start of his career tonight against Carolina.
The Vancouver netminder — who stopped 29 of 31 shots in a 3-2 win in Carolina on Dec. 1 — will be in goal when the ‘Canes visit Rogers Arena on Monday. Lack hasn’t played much this year but has been solid when called upon, posting a 3-2-0 record with a 2.41 GAA and .911 save percentage.
No word yet on who Lack will face in the Carolina goal.
Flyers go back to Mason
Steve Mason will be back in goal on Monday when the Flyers take on the Senators in Ottawa.
Mason was yanked from his last start — a 5-1 loss to Dallas in which he allowed four goals on 26 shots through two periods — and there was some thought the Flyers would counter with Ray Emery tonight against his former club. But Mason will get the call, making his 22nd appearance of the season.
Craig Anderson will get the call in Ottawa’s goal, coming off a decent 28-save effort in a 4-3 shootout loss to Toronto on Saturday.
– No confirmations out of Anaheim for tonight’s Isles-Ducks game, either. (UPDATE: Isles will start Anders Nilsson.)
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39