Dec 9, 2013, 12:12 PM EDT
“I guess I got him in the back of the leg,” the Pens winger told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “It’s unfortunate. You never want to injure anyone.”
The incident occurred during the second period of Saturday’s violence-filled Pittsburgh-Boston game.
Here’s a clip of the incident, from NESN:
Kelly has been placed on long-term injured reserve with a fractured right fibula, his second significant leg break this calendar year (he also suffered a fractured left tibia during the lockout-shortened ’13 campaign.)
According to reports, Dupuis won’t face any supplemental discipline for the incident. The 34-year-old wasn’t penalized for slashing Kelly on the play.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6