Dec 9, 2013, 12:12 PM EDT
“I guess I got him in the back of the leg,” the Pens winger told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “It’s unfortunate. You never want to injure anyone.”
The incident occurred during the second period of Saturday’s violence-filled Pittsburgh-Boston game.
Here’s a clip of the incident, from NESN:
Kelly has been placed on long-term injured reserve with a fractured right fibula, his second significant leg break this calendar year (he also suffered a fractured left tibia during the lockout-shortened ’13 campaign.)
According to reports, Dupuis won’t face any supplemental discipline for the incident. The 34-year-old wasn’t penalized for slashing Kelly on the play.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 6
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22