Dec 9, 2013, 12:12 PM EST
“I guess I got him in the back of the leg,” the Pens winger told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “It’s unfortunate. You never want to injure anyone.”
The incident occurred during the second period of Saturday’s violence-filled Pittsburgh-Boston game.
Here’s a clip of the incident, from NESN:
Kelly has been placed on long-term injured reserve with a fractured right fibula, his second significant leg break this calendar year (he also suffered a fractured left tibia during the lockout-shortened ’13 campaign.)
According to reports, Dupuis won’t face any supplemental discipline for the incident. The 34-year-old wasn’t penalized for slashing Kelly on the play.
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 24
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 14
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 33