Dec 9, 2013, 12:12 PM EDT
“I guess I got him in the back of the leg,” the Pens winger told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “It’s unfortunate. You never want to injure anyone.”
The incident occurred during the second period of Saturday’s violence-filled Pittsburgh-Boston game.
Here’s a clip of the incident, from NESN:
Kelly has been placed on long-term injured reserve with a fractured right fibula, his second significant leg break this calendar year (he also suffered a fractured left tibia during the lockout-shortened ’13 campaign.)
According to reports, Dupuis won’t face any supplemental discipline for the incident. The 34-year-old wasn’t penalized for slashing Kelly on the play.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39