Dec 9, 2013, 12:12 PM EDT
“I guess I got him in the back of the leg,” the Pens winger told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “It’s unfortunate. You never want to injure anyone.”
The incident occurred during the second period of Saturday’s violence-filled Pittsburgh-Boston game.
Here’s a clip of the incident, from NESN:
Kelly has been placed on long-term injured reserve with a fractured right fibula, his second significant leg break this calendar year (he also suffered a fractured left tibia during the lockout-shortened ’13 campaign.)
According to reports, Dupuis won’t face any supplemental discipline for the incident. The 34-year-old wasn’t penalized for slashing Kelly on the play.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5