Dec 9, 2013, 3:55 PM EDT
“We feel like we’re an elite team. And now we’re starting to show it.”
That was Anaheim captain Ryan Getzlaf after his Ducks beat the Blues, 5-2, on Saturday in St. Louis — a victory that came one day after a 3-2 shootout win in Chicago over the defending champs.
For the Ducks, the two wins were impressive results in back-to-back road games against tough opponents, particularly after managing just three wins in their previous 11 (and getting called out in back-to-back TGIFs on PHT, which let’s face it must’ve been a real wake-up call.)
Tonight, Anaheim hosts an Islanders side that’s winless in nine. The goal for the Ducks will be to avoid a back-home letdown versus what head coach Bruce Boudreau calls a “snakebit” team that’s unlucky to have not won lately.
“You’ve got to be aware there’s a struggling team coming in and we’re off of a road trip,” echoed d-man Mark Fistric, who added it was important for the Ducks to come out strong tonight and keep their foot on the gas.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 1
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 17
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 16
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)