Dec 9, 2013, 9:56 PM EDT
Doan, 37, skipped Friday’s game with an illness. Morris, 35, is dealing with personal issues and Korpikoski, 27, is struggling with a lower-body injury. Those three players – particularly Doan and Morris – will be missed against the Colorado Avalanche tomorrow.
There is at least some bright injury news for the Coyotes, as Zbynek Michalek at least has a chance to return from a lower-body issue that’s sidelined him since Nov. 14.
“It’s a good step in the right direction,” Michalek said after Monday’s practice. “It feels good, especially mentally, to be with the guys again and to get the practice under my belt. Hopefully I keep improving and getting better.”
He’ll test things out during Tuesday’s morning skate to see if he can play. He won’t fill the void left by the most notable trio of Coyotes injured players all by himself, but Phoenix can use all the help it can get.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 40
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)