Dec 9, 2013, 9:56 PM EDT
Doan, 37, skipped Friday’s game with an illness. Morris, 35, is dealing with personal issues and Korpikoski, 27, is struggling with a lower-body injury. Those three players – particularly Doan and Morris – will be missed against the Colorado Avalanche tomorrow.
There is at least some bright injury news for the Coyotes, as Zbynek Michalek at least has a chance to return from a lower-body issue that’s sidelined him since Nov. 14.
“It’s a good step in the right direction,” Michalek said after Monday’s practice. “It feels good, especially mentally, to be with the guys again and to get the practice under my belt. Hopefully I keep improving and getting better.”
He’ll test things out during Tuesday’s morning skate to see if he can play. He won’t fill the void left by the most notable trio of Coyotes injured players all by himself, but Phoenix can use all the help it can get.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 0
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 7
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 52
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 24
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 18
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 15
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)