Dec 9, 2013, 9:56 PM EDT
Doan, 37, skipped Friday’s game with an illness. Morris, 35, is dealing with personal issues and Korpikoski, 27, is struggling with a lower-body injury. Those three players – particularly Doan and Morris – will be missed against the Colorado Avalanche tomorrow.
There is at least some bright injury news for the Coyotes, as Zbynek Michalek at least has a chance to return from a lower-body issue that’s sidelined him since Nov. 14.
“It’s a good step in the right direction,” Michalek said after Monday’s practice. “It feels good, especially mentally, to be with the guys again and to get the practice under my belt. Hopefully I keep improving and getting better.”
He’ll test things out during Tuesday’s morning skate to see if he can play. He won’t fill the void left by the most notable trio of Coyotes injured players all by himself, but Phoenix can use all the help it can get.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 9
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 10
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)