Dec 9, 2013, 9:56 PM EST
Doan, 37, skipped Friday’s game with an illness. Morris, 35, is dealing with personal issues and Korpikoski, 27, is struggling with a lower-body injury. Those three players – particularly Doan and Morris – will be missed against the Colorado Avalanche tomorrow.
There is at least some bright injury news for the Coyotes, as Zbynek Michalek at least has a chance to return from a lower-body issue that’s sidelined him since Nov. 14.
“It’s a good step in the right direction,” Michalek said after Monday’s practice. “It feels good, especially mentally, to be with the guys again and to get the practice under my belt. Hopefully I keep improving and getting better.”
He’ll test things out during Tuesday’s morning skate to see if he can play. He won’t fill the void left by the most notable trio of Coyotes injured players all by himself, but Phoenix can use all the help it can get.
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 1
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 27
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 44
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15