Dec 8, 2013, 1:28 AM EDT
This chapter of the Battle of Alberta went to the Calgary Flames.
After racking up eight goals against the Colorado Avalanche on Thursday, the Oilers’ offence couldn’t break through against Calgary. Taylor Hall tied the game with 11 seconds remaining in regulation, but the Oilers managed only eight shots in the final 23 minutes and 14 seconds of play.
“That didn’t look good and I’m not expecting it to be great news,” said Oilers head coach Dallas Eakins, according to Gene Principe.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 70
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5