Dec 8, 2013, 1:28 AM EST
This chapter of the Battle of Alberta went to the Calgary Flames.
After racking up eight goals against the Colorado Avalanche on Thursday, the Oilers’ offence couldn’t break through against Calgary. Taylor Hall tied the game with 11 seconds remaining in regulation, but the Oilers managed only eight shots in the final 23 minutes and 14 seconds of play.
“That didn’t look good and I’m not expecting it to be great news,” said Oilers head coach Dallas Eakins, according to Gene Principe.
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 2
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 33
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 45
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15