Dec 8, 2013, 1:28 AM EDT
This chapter of the Battle of Alberta went to the Calgary Flames.
After racking up eight goals against the Colorado Avalanche on Thursday, the Oilers’ offence couldn’t break through against Calgary. Taylor Hall tied the game with 11 seconds remaining in regulation, but the Oilers managed only eight shots in the final 23 minutes and 14 seconds of play.
“That didn’t look good and I’m not expecting it to be great news,” said Oilers head coach Dallas Eakins, according to Gene Principe.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (75)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)