Dec 8, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
After missing two games with “aggravating pain” through his upper body, Andrew Shaw is returning to action for the Chicago Blackhawks against the Florida Panthers on Sunday night.
“I’m pretty excited,” Shaw said. “(I’m ready to bring) tons of energy. I felt great out on the ice so I’m excited for (Sunday night’s) game to start.”
The Blackhawks have lost three games in a row, so the 22-year-old might provide the jolt the team needs to get out of a December funk. He’s been a solid contributor with 17 points in 29 games, including a point in each of his last two appearances before his upper-body aggravation.
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 5
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 33
- Video: Controversial Kane goal has Laviolette fuming 18
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 6
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 36
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13