Dec 8, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
After missing two games with “aggravating pain” through his upper body, Andrew Shaw is returning to action for the Chicago Blackhawks against the Florida Panthers on Sunday night.
“I’m pretty excited,” Shaw said. “(I’m ready to bring) tons of energy. I felt great out on the ice so I’m excited for (Sunday night’s) game to start.”
The Blackhawks have lost three games in a row, so the 22-year-old might provide the jolt the team needs to get out of a December funk. He’s been a solid contributor with 17 points in 29 games, including a point in each of his last two appearances before his upper-body aggravation.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 36
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 16
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 58
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1