Dec 8, 2013, 10:10 PM EDT
San Jose head coach Todd McLellan wasn’t happy that the Sharks lost to the Minnesota Wild 3-1 on Sunday, and wasn’t just because his team was defeated despite a 38-13 shot advantage. He fumed to CSNBayArea.com about the Sharks power play and about questionable officiating after the game.
“The power play was awful. I don’t know if I’ve been in six years as disappointed with the power play as I am right now,” McLellan said. “And, it’s not even me. I’m sure they’re disappointed in the power play, too. They’re an elite group that has come out and been a threat for a long time.
“I’d like to see two or three guys take charge of it, and let’s get going because they go out and it’s really killing the momentum that we gain.”
He was also hoping for an explanation on the 1-0 goal. Zach Parise scored on a play in which Antti Niemi believed he was interfered with, which left the Sharks sour, as San Jose saw a potential overtime-winner waved off under similar circumstances on Nov. 10.
Here’s the goal:
“I’ll be looking for an explanation, because before we lose our third point now – and, again, I don’t know the outcome of the game would have went,” McLellan said. “Who knows what happens if that’s disallowed? But, if we’re comparing the two, I don’t understand it, so before we get to the third one, I’d really like that rule clarified.”
Fair or not, the Sharks must move on … and turn that power play around.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)