Dec 8, 2013, 10:10 PM EDT
San Jose head coach Todd McLellan wasn’t happy that the Sharks lost to the Minnesota Wild 3-1 on Sunday, and wasn’t just because his team was defeated despite a 38-13 shot advantage. He fumed to CSNBayArea.com about the Sharks power play and about questionable officiating after the game.
“The power play was awful. I don’t know if I’ve been in six years as disappointed with the power play as I am right now,” McLellan said. “And, it’s not even me. I’m sure they’re disappointed in the power play, too. They’re an elite group that has come out and been a threat for a long time.
“I’d like to see two or three guys take charge of it, and let’s get going because they go out and it’s really killing the momentum that we gain.”
He was also hoping for an explanation on the 1-0 goal. Zach Parise scored on a play in which Antti Niemi believed he was interfered with, which left the Sharks sour, as San Jose saw a potential overtime-winner waved off under similar circumstances on Nov. 10.
Here’s the goal:
“I’ll be looking for an explanation, because before we lose our third point now – and, again, I don’t know the outcome of the game would have went,” McLellan said. “Who knows what happens if that’s disallowed? But, if we’re comparing the two, I don’t understand it, so before we get to the third one, I’d really like that rule clarified.”
Fair or not, the Sharks must move on … and turn that power play around.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 0
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 40
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (40)