Dec 8, 2013, 5:16 PM EST
New York Rangers defenseman Marc Staal is being treated for “neck issues” on Sunday and won’t play against the Washington Capitals tonight. Head coach Alain Vigneault didn’t confirm – but also didn’t deny – the possibility of a concussion, according to ESPN’s Katie Strang.
Staal, 26, was injured by Reid Boucher of the New Jersey Devils on Saturday. Here’s video of the hit:
Michael Del Zotto slides back into the lineup with Staal on the shelf.
That’s not the only change or injury update for the Rangers, either. Dominic Moore is a healthy scratch because his play has “slipped a little” (according to Vigneault); he’ll be replaced by Benoit Pouliot.
The Rangers received some upbeat injury news to go with the murky/troubling Staal situation. Derek Dorsett‘s MRI for a wrist injury generated promising results; it appears that his issues aren’t serious.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 57
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 28
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)