Dec 8, 2013, 5:16 PM EST
New York Rangers defenseman Marc Staal is being treated for “neck issues” on Sunday and won’t play against the Washington Capitals tonight. Head coach Alain Vigneault didn’t confirm – but also didn’t deny – the possibility of a concussion, according to ESPN’s Katie Strang.
Staal, 26, was injured by Reid Boucher of the New Jersey Devils on Saturday. Here’s video of the hit:
Michael Del Zotto slides back into the lineup with Staal on the shelf.
That’s not the only change or injury update for the Rangers, either. Dominic Moore is a healthy scratch because his play has “slipped a little” (according to Vigneault); he’ll be replaced by Benoit Pouliot.
The Rangers received some upbeat injury news to go with the murky/troubling Staal situation. Derek Dorsett‘s MRI for a wrist injury generated promising results; it appears that his issues aren’t serious.
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 0
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 28
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 27
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 37
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)