Dec 8, 2013, 5:45 PM EDT
The 33-year-old center hasn’t played since Nov. 30 because of his issue, which was originally believed to be merely back spasms.
He’s had his fair share of bad luck with injuries the past few seasons, but the calendar year of 2013 has really presented headaches. Here’s a quick tally, which includes his final campaign with the Tampa Bay Lightning:
- He missed nine games last season with a lower-body injury.
- Lecavalier missed three more with lower-body issues in October.
- While he came back sooner than expected, he suffered a facial injury that sidelined him for one game stemming from a fight.
When he’s been able to suit up for the Flyers, he’s been effective; he has nine goals and 14 points in 22 games played. Unfortunately for Philly, it looks like he won’t be able to play until 2014 rolls around.
It doesn’t sound like the Flyers are going to make a trade or free agent acquisition in his absence, as Panaccio reports that Holmgren expects the team’s other 20 players to “step up.”
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 24
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 80
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 8
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 11
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 62
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 36