Dec 8, 2013, 5:45 PM EST
The 33-year-old center hasn’t played since Nov. 30 because of his issue, which was originally believed to be merely back spasms.
He’s had his fair share of bad luck with injuries the past few seasons, but the calendar year of 2013 has really presented headaches. Here’s a quick tally, which includes his final campaign with the Tampa Bay Lightning:
- He missed nine games last season with a lower-body injury.
- Lecavalier missed three more with lower-body issues in October.
- While he came back sooner than expected, he suffered a facial injury that sidelined him for one game stemming from a fight.
When he’s been able to suit up for the Flyers, he’s been effective; he has nine goals and 14 points in 22 games played. Unfortunately for Philly, it looks like he won’t be able to play until 2014 rolls around.
It doesn’t sound like the Flyers are going to make a trade or free agent acquisition in his absence, as Panaccio reports that Holmgren expects the team’s other 20 players to “step up.”
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 2
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 16
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)