Dec 8, 2013, 5:45 PM EDT
The 33-year-old center hasn’t played since Nov. 30 because of his issue, which was originally believed to be merely back spasms.
He’s had his fair share of bad luck with injuries the past few seasons, but the calendar year of 2013 has really presented headaches. Here’s a quick tally, which includes his final campaign with the Tampa Bay Lightning:
- He missed nine games last season with a lower-body injury.
- Lecavalier missed three more with lower-body issues in October.
- While he came back sooner than expected, he suffered a facial injury that sidelined him for one game stemming from a fight.
When he’s been able to suit up for the Flyers, he’s been effective; he has nine goals and 14 points in 22 games played. Unfortunately for Philly, it looks like he won’t be able to play until 2014 rolls around.
It doesn’t sound like the Flyers are going to make a trade or free agent acquisition in his absence, as Panaccio reports that Holmgren expects the team’s other 20 players to “step up.”
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)