Dec 8, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
Forward Vincent Lecavalier (back) won’t return to the Philadelphia Flyers’ lineup on Monday. He won’t even be in the same city as his teammates.
With the Flyers preparing for their road game against Ottawa, GM Paul Holmgren announced that the 33-year-old forward would head back to Philadelphia for further evaluation.
“It is undecided if he will join the team in Chicago (for Wednesday’s game),” Holmgren said.
As it is, Lecavalier has missed three straight contests. The Flyers have gone 1-2-0 without him and were held to just one goal in the two defeats.
Lecavalier is tied for the team lead with nine goals despite being limited to 22 contests this season.
Meanwhile defenseman Kimmo Timonen sustained an upper-body injury during Saturday’s game. He’s being listed as day-to-day for now.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34