Dec 8, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
Forward Vincent Lecavalier (back) won’t return to the Philadelphia Flyers’ lineup on Monday. He won’t even be in the same city as his teammates.
With the Flyers preparing for their road game against Ottawa, GM Paul Holmgren announced that the 33-year-old forward would head back to Philadelphia for further evaluation.
“It is undecided if he will join the team in Chicago (for Wednesday’s game),” Holmgren said.
As it is, Lecavalier has missed three straight contests. The Flyers have gone 1-2-0 without him and were held to just one goal in the two defeats.
Lecavalier is tied for the team lead with nine goals despite being limited to 22 contests this season.
Meanwhile defenseman Kimmo Timonen sustained an upper-body injury during Saturday’s game. He’s being listed as day-to-day for now.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8