Dec 8, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
Forward Vincent Lecavalier (back) won’t return to the Philadelphia Flyers’ lineup on Monday. He won’t even be in the same city as his teammates.
With the Flyers preparing for their road game against Ottawa, GM Paul Holmgren announced that the 33-year-old forward would head back to Philadelphia for further evaluation.
“It is undecided if he will join the team in Chicago (for Wednesday’s game),” Holmgren said.
As it is, Lecavalier has missed three straight contests. The Flyers have gone 1-2-0 without him and were held to just one goal in the two defeats.
Lecavalier is tied for the team lead with nine goals despite being limited to 22 contests this season.
Meanwhile defenseman Kimmo Timonen sustained an upper-body injury during Saturday’s game. He’s being listed as day-to-day for now.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5