Dec 8, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
Forward Vincent Lecavalier (back) won’t return to the Philadelphia Flyers’ lineup on Monday. He won’t even be in the same city as his teammates.
With the Flyers preparing for their road game against Ottawa, GM Paul Holmgren announced that the 33-year-old forward would head back to Philadelphia for further evaluation.
“It is undecided if he will join the team in Chicago (for Wednesday’s game),” Holmgren said.
As it is, Lecavalier has missed three straight contests. The Flyers have gone 1-2-0 without him and were held to just one goal in the two defeats.
Lecavalier is tied for the team lead with nine goals despite being limited to 22 contests this season.
Meanwhile defenseman Kimmo Timonen sustained an upper-body injury during Saturday’s game. He’s being listed as day-to-day for now.
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 21
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 39
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 90
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (90)