Dec 8, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
Forward Vincent Lecavalier (back) won’t return to the Philadelphia Flyers’ lineup on Monday. He won’t even be in the same city as his teammates.
With the Flyers preparing for their road game against Ottawa, GM Paul Holmgren announced that the 33-year-old forward would head back to Philadelphia for further evaluation.
“It is undecided if he will join the team in Chicago (for Wednesday’s game),” Holmgren said.
As it is, Lecavalier has missed three straight contests. The Flyers have gone 1-2-0 without him and were held to just one goal in the two defeats.
Lecavalier is tied for the team lead with nine goals despite being limited to 22 contests this season.
Meanwhile defenseman Kimmo Timonen sustained an upper-body injury during Saturday’s game. He’s being listed as day-to-day for now.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 9
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 13
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)