Dec 8, 2013, 2:01 AM EDT
Make that nine losses in a row for the New York Islanders.
This performance comes with talk that perhaps head coach Jack Capuano’s time with the Islanders is coming to an end. He helped guide this team to a playoff appearance in the spring, but this season is quickly getting away on them.
Heck, there have even been reports that former Philadelphia Flyers’ bench boss Peter Laviolette is a candidate to replace Capuano, should he be fired. And given this recent spell, that appears to be looking like a stronger possibility by the day.
And it doesn’t get any easier for the Islanders. The third leg of this five-game road trip out West goes Monday against the Anaheim Ducks, leaders of the Pacific Division.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)