Dec 8, 2013, 2:01 AM EST
Make that nine losses in a row for the New York Islanders.
This performance comes with talk that perhaps head coach Jack Capuano’s time with the Islanders is coming to an end. He helped guide this team to a playoff appearance in the spring, but this season is quickly getting away on them.
Heck, there have even been reports that former Philadelphia Flyers’ bench boss Peter Laviolette is a candidate to replace Capuano, should he be fired. And given this recent spell, that appears to be looking like a stronger possibility by the day.
And it doesn’t get any easier for the Islanders. The third leg of this five-game road trip out West goes Monday against the Anaheim Ducks, leaders of the Pacific Division.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 1
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 9
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 25
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)