Dec 8, 2013, 2:01 AM EDT
Make that nine losses in a row for the New York Islanders.
This performance comes with talk that perhaps head coach Jack Capuano’s time with the Islanders is coming to an end. He helped guide this team to a playoff appearance in the spring, but this season is quickly getting away on them.
Heck, there have even been reports that former Philadelphia Flyers’ bench boss Peter Laviolette is a candidate to replace Capuano, should he be fired. And given this recent spell, that appears to be looking like a stronger possibility by the day.
And it doesn’t get any easier for the Islanders. The third leg of this five-game road trip out West goes Monday against the Anaheim Ducks, leaders of the Pacific Division.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 9
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40