Dec 8, 2013, 2:01 AM EDT
Make that nine losses in a row for the New York Islanders.
This performance comes with talk that perhaps head coach Jack Capuano’s time with the Islanders is coming to an end. He helped guide this team to a playoff appearance in the spring, but this season is quickly getting away on them.
Heck, there have even been reports that former Philadelphia Flyers’ bench boss Peter Laviolette is a candidate to replace Capuano, should he be fired. And given this recent spell, that appears to be looking like a stronger possibility by the day.
And it doesn’t get any easier for the Islanders. The third leg of this five-game road trip out West goes Monday against the Anaheim Ducks, leaders of the Pacific Division.
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 6
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 43
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 72
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 26
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40