Dec 8, 2013, 2:01 AM EDT
Make that nine losses in a row for the New York Islanders.
This performance comes with talk that perhaps head coach Jack Capuano’s time with the Islanders is coming to an end. He helped guide this team to a playoff appearance in the spring, but this season is quickly getting away on them.
Heck, there have even been reports that former Philadelphia Flyers’ bench boss Peter Laviolette is a candidate to replace Capuano, should he be fired. And given this recent spell, that appears to be looking like a stronger possibility by the day.
And it doesn’t get any easier for the Islanders. The third leg of this five-game road trip out West goes Monday against the Anaheim Ducks, leaders of the Pacific Division.
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 0
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 9
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 57
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (61)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)