Dec 8, 2013, 8:16 PM EDT
Chicago Blackhawks starting goalie Corey Crawford needed help off the ice after hurting himself making a save during Sunday’s game against the Florida Panthers, CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers reports. Update: The team announced that Crawford won’t return from what is officially a lower-body injury.
Antti Raanta replaced him in the first period.
Crawford, 28, was hoping to bounce back from allowing four goals in each of his last two starts (both defeats). Overall, he’s carried the momentum from his Stanley Cup record-wise, with a 17-6-3 mark that makes his middling .906 save percentage easy to stomach.
Earlier on Sunday, it was easy for Blackhawks fans to shrug their shoulders regarding an update that Nikolai Khabibulin has been working out vigorously in hope of returning soon (although there is no timetable). If this is a significant problem with Crawford, the ‘Hawks might just need “The Bulin Wall.”
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)