Dec 8, 2013, 6:25 PM EDT
To little surprise, Loui Eriksson (concussion) won’t play in tonight’s game against the Toronto Maple Leafs, either.
Thanks to this stint on the LTIR, Kelly won’t be eligible to play until Jan. 2, according to the Boston Globe’s Fluto Shinzawa. Of course, that represents his first possible return date; this injury could very well keep him out for a longer period of time.
The Bruins made two emergency recalls to get their lineup ready, bringing up Ryan Spooner and Matt Fraser from the AHL. Here’s Patrice Bergeron‘s insight regarding the loss of Kelly, 33:
Bergy on void Kelly leaves (on long-term IR): “obviously Kells is a big part of our team…we all need to step up & try to fill the void”^CS
— Boston Bruins (@NHLBruins) December 8, 2013
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 4
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 36
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6