Dec 8, 2013, 6:25 PM EDT
To little surprise, Loui Eriksson (concussion) won’t play in tonight’s game against the Toronto Maple Leafs, either.
Thanks to this stint on the LTIR, Kelly won’t be eligible to play until Jan. 2, according to the Boston Globe’s Fluto Shinzawa. Of course, that represents his first possible return date; this injury could very well keep him out for a longer period of time.
The Bruins made two emergency recalls to get their lineup ready, bringing up Ryan Spooner and Matt Fraser from the AHL. Here’s Patrice Bergeron‘s insight regarding the loss of Kelly, 33:
Bergy on void Kelly leaves (on long-term IR): “obviously Kells is a big part of our team…we all need to step up & try to fill the void”^CS
— Boston Bruins (@NHLBruins) December 8, 2013
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 81
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50