Dec 8, 2013, 6:25 PM EDT
To little surprise, Loui Eriksson (concussion) won’t play in tonight’s game against the Toronto Maple Leafs, either.
Thanks to this stint on the LTIR, Kelly won’t be eligible to play until Jan. 2, according to the Boston Globe’s Fluto Shinzawa. Of course, that represents his first possible return date; this injury could very well keep him out for a longer period of time.
The Bruins made two emergency recalls to get their lineup ready, bringing up Ryan Spooner and Matt Fraser from the AHL. Here’s Patrice Bergeron‘s insight regarding the loss of Kelly, 33:
Bergy on void Kelly leaves (on long-term IR): “obviously Kells is a big part of our team…we all need to step up & try to fill the void”^CS
— Boston Bruins (@NHLBruins) December 8, 2013
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 5
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 43
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 18
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13