Dec 8, 2013, 12:24 PM EDT
Boston beat the Pittsburgh Penguins on Saturday, but it’s hard to portray a game like that as a positive for the Bruins.
Loui Eriksson suffered his second concussion of the season, Shawn Thornton faces a potentially lengthy suspension, and on top of that Chris Kelly is now out with a broken ankle, according to TSN’s Darren Dreger.
Kelly sustained the injury when Pittsburgh’s Pascal Dupuis slashed him. Dupuis wasn’t penalized for his actions.
With the Bruins scheduled to play against Toronto tonight, they have called up Matt Fraser and Ryan Spooner, reports the Providence Journal’s Mark Divver.
Fraser, 23, was part of the Eriksson-Tyler Seguin trade between Boston and Dallas over the summer. He has 16 goals and 21 points in 23 AHL games. Spooner, 21, has also been a leader for the Providence Bruins with 24 points in 21 contests.
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 11
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 14
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 17
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 7
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 41
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 28
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)