Dec 8, 2013, 12:24 PM EDT
Boston beat the Pittsburgh Penguins on Saturday, but it’s hard to portray a game like that as a positive for the Bruins.
Loui Eriksson suffered his second concussion of the season, Shawn Thornton faces a potentially lengthy suspension, and on top of that Chris Kelly is now out with a broken ankle, according to TSN’s Darren Dreger.
Kelly sustained the injury when Pittsburgh’s Pascal Dupuis slashed him. Dupuis wasn’t penalized for his actions.
With the Bruins scheduled to play against Toronto tonight, they have called up Matt Fraser and Ryan Spooner, reports the Providence Journal’s Mark Divver.
Fraser, 23, was part of the Eriksson-Tyler Seguin trade between Boston and Dallas over the summer. He has 16 goals and 21 points in 23 AHL games. Spooner, 21, has also been a leader for the Providence Bruins with 24 points in 21 contests.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (75)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)