Dec 8, 2013, 12:24 PM EDT
Boston beat the Pittsburgh Penguins on Saturday, but it’s hard to portray a game like that as a positive for the Bruins.
Loui Eriksson suffered his second concussion of the season, Shawn Thornton faces a potentially lengthy suspension, and on top of that Chris Kelly is now out with a broken ankle, according to TSN’s Darren Dreger.
Kelly sustained the injury when Pittsburgh’s Pascal Dupuis slashed him. Dupuis wasn’t penalized for his actions.
With the Bruins scheduled to play against Toronto tonight, they have called up Matt Fraser and Ryan Spooner, reports the Providence Journal’s Mark Divver.
Fraser, 23, was part of the Eriksson-Tyler Seguin trade between Boston and Dallas over the summer. He has 16 goals and 21 points in 23 AHL games. Spooner, 21, has also been a leader for the Providence Bruins with 24 points in 21 contests.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)