Dec 8, 2013, 11:34 PM EDT
The NHL’s 30 owners will gather for the latest Board of Governors meeting on Monday and Tuesday, so ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun shares what will be highlighted.
The biggest concern the leagues’ big new Canadian TV deal, a CBA update that will provide an estimate of the 2014-15 salary cap, an update on player safety from Brendan Shanahan and more.
LeBrun reports that the class-action lawsuit regarding concussions, the 2014 Winter Olympics and the CHL will also be discussed early this week.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5