Dec 8, 2013, 1:05 AM EST
Three straight losses to Pacific Division giants have the St. Louis Blues trying to figure out their game against some of the best in the Western Conference.
The Blues lost 5-2 to the Anaheim Ducks, now the top team in the Pacific, on Saturday. It marked their third loss in the last four games. The one win sandwiched in there was against the New York Islanders – not necessary an Eastern Conference power.
The Blues remain second in the Central Division, four points behind the Chicago Blackhawks.
“We won against the Islanders. They don’t have the high expectations. We’re losing against good teams. We have to figure out how to play against them.”
Getting off to a better start would be ideal for changing their recent struggles.
The Blues fell behind the Ducks 3-0 before the game was even eight minutes old. The Anaheim onslaught chased Jaroslav Halak from the net, after he allowed three goals on eight shots.
“There’s nothing I could have done [on the first two goals],” Halak told NHL.com. “Just maybe the third one, I need to stop that one.
“I need to look at myself, and everybody else needs to probably find the answers. We need to play for 60 minutes, not only for 20.”
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 0
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 26
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 17
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 68
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 16
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 34
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (68)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)