Dec 8, 2013, 9:53 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks experienced a good news/bad news Sunday as they beat the Florida Panthers 6-2, but Corey Crawford suffered a lower-body injury (and didn’t return) in the process.
Sure, the Blackhawks ended a three-game losing streak and Crawford didn’t allow four goals. Unfortunately, he only saw four shots, as he left in the first period.
The Blackhawks power play was red-hot on Sunday, as three of their goals came on the man advantage (note: Tracey Myers clarifies a box score error).
Antti Raanta stopped 29 out of 31 shots in relief of Crawford. It could be important for Raanta to build up some confidence, especially if Crawford is on the shelf for a while with his lower-body issue.
There was one last bit of good news: at least Raanta didn’t get hurt, as there was a scare when he was bumped later on in the game by Jimmy Hayes:
Patrick Sharp said the #Blackhawks bench was “scrambling” when Raanta went down. He didn’t volunteer, either. “I’d be the last guy.”
— Mark Lazerus (@MarkLazerus) December 9, 2013
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18