Dec 8, 2013, 9:53 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks experienced a good news/bad news Sunday as they beat the Florida Panthers 6-2, but Corey Crawford suffered a lower-body injury (and didn’t return) in the process.
Sure, the Blackhawks ended a three-game losing streak and Crawford didn’t allow four goals. Unfortunately, he only saw four shots, as he left in the first period.
The Blackhawks power play was red-hot on Sunday, as three of their goals came on the man advantage (note: Tracey Myers clarifies a box score error).
Antti Raanta stopped 29 out of 31 shots in relief of Crawford. It could be important for Raanta to build up some confidence, especially if Crawford is on the shelf for a while with his lower-body issue.
There was one last bit of good news: at least Raanta didn’t get hurt, as there was a scare when he was bumped later on in the game by Jimmy Hayes:
Patrick Sharp said the #Blackhawks bench was “scrambling” when Raanta went down. He didn’t volunteer, either. “I’d be the last guy.”
— Mark Lazerus (@MarkLazerus) December 9, 2013
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54