Dec 8, 2013, 9:53 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks experienced a good news/bad news Sunday as they beat the Florida Panthers 6-2, but Corey Crawford suffered a lower-body injury (and didn’t return) in the process.
Sure, the Blackhawks ended a three-game losing streak and Crawford didn’t allow four goals. Unfortunately, he only saw four shots, as he left in the first period.
The Blackhawks power play was red-hot on Sunday, as three of their goals came on the man advantage (note: Tracey Myers clarifies a box score error).
Antti Raanta stopped 29 out of 31 shots in relief of Crawford. It could be important for Raanta to build up some confidence, especially if Crawford is on the shelf for a while with his lower-body issue.
There was one last bit of good news: at least Raanta didn’t get hurt, as there was a scare when he was bumped later on in the game by Jimmy Hayes:
Patrick Sharp said the #Blackhawks bench was “scrambling” when Raanta went down. He didn’t volunteer, either. “I’d be the last guy.”
— Mark Lazerus (@MarkLazerus) December 9, 2013
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 3
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25