Dec 8, 2013, 9:53 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks experienced a good news/bad news Sunday as they beat the Florida Panthers 6-2, but Corey Crawford suffered a lower-body injury (and didn’t return) in the process.
Sure, the Blackhawks ended a three-game losing streak and Crawford didn’t allow four goals. Unfortunately, he only saw four shots, as he left in the first period.
The Blackhawks power play was red-hot on Sunday, as three of their goals came on the man advantage (note: Tracey Myers clarifies a box score error).
Antti Raanta stopped 29 out of 31 shots in relief of Crawford. It could be important for Raanta to build up some confidence, especially if Crawford is on the shelf for a while with his lower-body issue.
There was one last bit of good news: at least Raanta didn’t get hurt, as there was a scare when he was bumped later on in the game by Jimmy Hayes:
Patrick Sharp said the #Blackhawks bench was “scrambling” when Raanta went down. He didn’t volunteer, either. “I’d be the last guy.”
— Mark Lazerus (@MarkLazerus) December 9, 2013
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 2
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)