Dec 7, 2013, 5:28 PM EDT
Weber, the Predators captain and a tower of strength on the blue line, missed the last three games due to the injury and will be wearing a visor when he makes his return against the Washington Capitals.
Weber’s injury, had it been worse, could’ve had a devastating impact on his career, but also the Predators’ playoff chances and the Canadian Olympic team. He was a stalwart in Vancouver nearly four years ago, and is expected to be named to the Canadian squad for the 2014 Sochi Games.
The 28-year-old Weber has seven goals and 12 points in 26 games with Nashville this season.
His return comes at a time when the Predators are trying to end a four-game losing streak that has seen them get only a single point of a possible eight in this stretch.
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 0
- Video: Patrick Kane scores a beauty against Buffalo 1
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 27
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)