Dec 7, 2013, 5:28 PM EST
Weber, the Predators captain and a tower of strength on the blue line, missed the last three games due to the injury and will be wearing a visor when he makes his return against the Washington Capitals.
Weber’s injury, had it been worse, could’ve had a devastating impact on his career, but also the Predators’ playoff chances and the Canadian Olympic team. He was a stalwart in Vancouver nearly four years ago, and is expected to be named to the Canadian squad for the 2014 Sochi Games.
The 28-year-old Weber has seven goals and 12 points in 26 games with Nashville this season.
His return comes at a time when the Predators are trying to end a four-game losing streak that has seen them get only a single point of a possible eight in this stretch.
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 13
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 12
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 0
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 21
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 13
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 9
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 10
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)