Dec 7, 2013, 5:28 PM EDT
Weber, the Predators captain and a tower of strength on the blue line, missed the last three games due to the injury and will be wearing a visor when he makes his return against the Washington Capitals.
Weber’s injury, had it been worse, could’ve had a devastating impact on his career, but also the Predators’ playoff chances and the Canadian Olympic team. He was a stalwart in Vancouver nearly four years ago, and is expected to be named to the Canadian squad for the 2014 Sochi Games.
The 28-year-old Weber has seven goals and 12 points in 26 games with Nashville this season.
His return comes at a time when the Predators are trying to end a four-game losing streak that has seen them get only a single point of a possible eight in this stretch.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)