Dec 7, 2013, 5:28 PM EST
Weber, the Predators captain and a tower of strength on the blue line, missed the last three games due to the injury and will be wearing a visor when he makes his return against the Washington Capitals.
Weber’s injury, had it been worse, could’ve had a devastating impact on his career, but also the Predators’ playoff chances and the Canadian Olympic team. He was a stalwart in Vancouver nearly four years ago, and is expected to be named to the Canadian squad for the 2014 Sochi Games.
The 28-year-old Weber has seven goals and 12 points in 26 games with Nashville this season.
His return comes at a time when the Predators are trying to end a four-game losing streak that has seen them get only a single point of a possible eight in this stretch.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11