Dec 7, 2013, 5:28 PM EDT
Weber, the Predators captain and a tower of strength on the blue line, missed the last three games due to the injury and will be wearing a visor when he makes his return against the Washington Capitals.
Weber’s injury, had it been worse, could’ve had a devastating impact on his career, but also the Predators’ playoff chances and the Canadian Olympic team. He was a stalwart in Vancouver nearly four years ago, and is expected to be named to the Canadian squad for the 2014 Sochi Games.
The 28-year-old Weber has seven goals and 12 points in 26 games with Nashville this season.
His return comes at a time when the Predators are trying to end a four-game losing streak that has seen them get only a single point of a possible eight in this stretch.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (59)