Dec 7, 2013, 8:22 PM EDT
Blake Wheeler has hit the century mark in goals for his National Hockey League career.
Thanks to a nifty deflection off a point shot, Wheeler gave the Winnipeg Jets a 1-0 lead in the first period of their game against the Tampa Bay Lightning on Saturday night. It counts as his 100th career goal.
Wheeler, 27, re-signed with the Jets this summer, inking a new deal worth $33.6 million over six years.
- Peverley to undergo heart procedure, will miss rest of season 5
- Comeau gets two games for boarding Smith 6
- Three things the Canucks haven’t done well under Torts 15
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 27
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 6
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 30
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 18
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 61
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (73)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (61)