Dec 7, 2013, 8:22 PM EDT
Blake Wheeler has hit the century mark in goals for his National Hockey League career.
Thanks to a nifty deflection off a point shot, Wheeler gave the Winnipeg Jets a 1-0 lead in the first period of their game against the Tampa Bay Lightning on Saturday night. It counts as his 100th career goal.
Wheeler, 27, re-signed with the Jets this summer, inking a new deal worth $33.6 million over six years.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 14
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 4
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (55)