Dec 7, 2013, 8:22 PM EDT
Blake Wheeler has hit the century mark in goals for his National Hockey League career.
Thanks to a nifty deflection off a point shot, Wheeler gave the Winnipeg Jets a 1-0 lead in the first period of their game against the Tampa Bay Lightning on Saturday night. It counts as his 100th career goal.
Wheeler, 27, re-signed with the Jets this summer, inking a new deal worth $33.6 million over six years.
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 4
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 34
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 45
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 8
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)