Dec 7, 2013, 8:22 PM EDT
Blake Wheeler has hit the century mark in goals for his National Hockey League career.
Thanks to a nifty deflection off a point shot, Wheeler gave the Winnipeg Jets a 1-0 lead in the first period of their game against the Tampa Bay Lightning on Saturday night. It counts as his 100th career goal.
Wheeler, 27, re-signed with the Jets this summer, inking a new deal worth $33.6 million over six years.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 16
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)