Dec 7, 2013, 6:31 PM EDT
Zac Rinaldo saw four seconds of ice time on Saturday. He racked up 27 penalty minutes. His day came to an end just 1:15 into the game between the Philadelphia Flyers and Dallas Stars.
The Flyers forward was assessed a major penalty for fighting; a minor for instigating, a misconduct and a game misconduct after he jumped Stars forward Antoine Roussel inside the Dallas zone just over a minute into the opening period.
Roussel didn’t take a penalty, and the Stars emerged with a seven-minute power play to begin the game. They were unsuccessful, despite such a lengthy advantage.
Berube called it stupid penalty by Rinaldo—
Tim Panaccio (@tpanotchCSN) December 07, 2013
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 5
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 48
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)