Dec 7, 2013, 6:31 PM EDT
Zac Rinaldo saw four seconds of ice time on Saturday. He racked up 27 penalty minutes. His day came to an end just 1:15 into the game between the Philadelphia Flyers and Dallas Stars.
The Flyers forward was assessed a major penalty for fighting; a minor for instigating, a misconduct and a game misconduct after he jumped Stars forward Antoine Roussel inside the Dallas zone just over a minute into the opening period.
Roussel didn’t take a penalty, and the Stars emerged with a seven-minute power play to begin the game. They were unsuccessful, despite such a lengthy advantage.
- Report: Wild’s Harding likely out months, not weeks 0
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 9
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 38
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 17
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 7
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 59
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (60)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (46)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)