Dec 7, 2013, 6:31 PM EDT
Zac Rinaldo saw four seconds of ice time on Saturday. He racked up 27 penalty minutes. His day came to an end just 1:15 into the game between the Philadelphia Flyers and Dallas Stars.
The Flyers forward was assessed a major penalty for fighting; a minor for instigating, a misconduct and a game misconduct after he jumped Stars forward Antoine Roussel inside the Dallas zone just over a minute into the opening period.
Roussel didn’t take a penalty, and the Stars emerged with a seven-minute power play to begin the game. They were unsuccessful, despite such a lengthy advantage.
- Video: Red Wings’ fans show support for Gordie Howe 0
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 11
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 7
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 12
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 38
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)