Dec 7, 2013, 6:31 PM EDT
Zac Rinaldo saw four seconds of ice time on Saturday. He racked up 27 penalty minutes. His day came to an end just 1:15 into the game between the Philadelphia Flyers and Dallas Stars.
The Flyers forward was assessed a major penalty for fighting; a minor for instigating, a misconduct and a game misconduct after he jumped Stars forward Antoine Roussel inside the Dallas zone just over a minute into the opening period.
Roussel didn’t take a penalty, and the Stars emerged with a seven-minute power play to begin the game. They were unsuccessful, despite such a lengthy advantage.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 0
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)