Dec 7, 2013, 9:25 PM EDT
The incident occurs about five seconds into the video below. Marchand is tripped up, and while he’s on the ice, Neal skates by and looks to intentionally clip Marchand with his knee.
Neal was assessed only a minor penalty for kneeing. He came out of the box and scored seven seconds after his penalty expired to give the Penguins a 2-1 lead in the first period.
Immediately after the whistle, a scrum ensued in the Pittsburgh zone. It was then that Bruins’ enforcer Shawn Thornton took Brooks Orpik to the ice and threw multiple punches, resulting in the Penguins’ defenseman being taken off the ice on a strether.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 4
- Five big games to watch this weekend 6
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 32
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 35
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 52
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)