Dec 7, 2013, 10:54 AM EST
The Winnipeg Jets have had their struggles yet again this season. They’re currently sixth in the Central Division and 15 points behind first-place Chicago and one Winnipeg columnist says there’s a lack of accountability from a certain clique of players.
Gary Lawless of the Winnipeg Free Press says Andrew Ladd, Dustin Byfuglien, Blake Wheeler, Bryan Little, and Tobias Enstrom make up a group he calls the “Atlanta Association.” Those players, Lawless says, don’t hold themselves accountable for mistakes made and the team is suffering because of it.
There is a hierarchy in the Jets dressing room and at the top is a group of players who bonded together in Atlanta. Those friendships are taking precedence over results and they are rotting away any chance of success for the Jets.
The grumbles concerning anyone who has come from Atlanta is nothing new in the ‘Peg. With team captain (Ladd) being called out, as well as most of their top players and scorers from last season, this is a new shot across the bow.
If nothing else, a column like this might keep the heat off of coach Claude Noel while the team struggles.
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 0
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 16
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 5
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 73
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (74)