Dec 7, 2013, 10:54 AM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets have had their struggles yet again this season. They’re currently sixth in the Central Division and 15 points behind first-place Chicago and one Winnipeg columnist says there’s a lack of accountability from a certain clique of players.
Gary Lawless of the Winnipeg Free Press says Andrew Ladd, Dustin Byfuglien, Blake Wheeler, Bryan Little, and Tobias Enstrom make up a group he calls the “Atlanta Association.” Those players, Lawless says, don’t hold themselves accountable for mistakes made and the team is suffering because of it.
There is a hierarchy in the Jets dressing room and at the top is a group of players who bonded together in Atlanta. Those friendships are taking precedence over results and they are rotting away any chance of success for the Jets.
The grumbles concerning anyone who has come from Atlanta is nothing new in the ‘Peg. With team captain (Ladd) being called out, as well as most of their top players and scorers from last season, this is a new shot across the bow.
If nothing else, a column like this might keep the heat off of coach Claude Noel while the team struggles.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 73
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (74)
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process (50)
- Editorial rips Flames’ request for ‘ludicrous amount of taxpayer support’ to build arena (45)
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? (32)
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT (31)