Dec 7, 2013, 3:34 PM EST
New Jersey Devils forward Ryane Clowe has been out of action since suffering a concussion against Winnipeg on October 13. He’s played just six games this season, but he’s returned to skating and is aiming to return soon.
His history of concussion issues has him nervous, however, as he tells Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice.
“I can’t really control what happens, but I’d probably be lying to you by saying it’s not really some concern when you have these things, but just as long as it’s not affecting how I play or when I get back if I’m thinking about it, that’s the most important thing,” Clowe said.
Clowe suffered three different head or neck injuries last season, one with San Jose and two with the New York Rangers. He told Gulitti he came back too soon from the concussion he suffered against Carolina as a Ranger in late April and was finished off when he was hit by Jason Chimera in the playoffs.
One way or the other, the Devils have to be concerned seeing Clowe dealing with another concussion so early into the season and with four more years left on his contract after this one.
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 0
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 12
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 7
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)