Dec 7, 2013, 3:34 PM EST
New Jersey Devils forward Ryane Clowe has been out of action since suffering a concussion against Winnipeg on October 13. He’s played just six games this season, but he’s returned to skating and is aiming to return soon.
His history of concussion issues has him nervous, however, as he tells Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice.
“I can’t really control what happens, but I’d probably be lying to you by saying it’s not really some concern when you have these things, but just as long as it’s not affecting how I play or when I get back if I’m thinking about it, that’s the most important thing,” Clowe said.
Clowe suffered three different head or neck injuries last season, one with San Jose and two with the New York Rangers. He told Gulitti he came back too soon from the concussion he suffered against Carolina as a Ranger in late April and was finished off when he was hit by Jason Chimera in the playoffs.
One way or the other, the Devils have to be concerned seeing Clowe dealing with another concussion so early into the season and with four more years left on his contract after this one.
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 0
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 1
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)