Dec 7, 2013, 3:34 PM EDT
New Jersey Devils forward Ryane Clowe has been out of action since suffering a concussion against Winnipeg on October 13. He’s played just six games this season, but he’s returned to skating and is aiming to return soon.
His history of concussion issues has him nervous, however, as he tells Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice.
“I can’t really control what happens, but I’d probably be lying to you by saying it’s not really some concern when you have these things, but just as long as it’s not affecting how I play or when I get back if I’m thinking about it, that’s the most important thing,” Clowe said.
Clowe suffered three different head or neck injuries last season, one with San Jose and two with the New York Rangers. He told Gulitti he came back too soon from the concussion he suffered against Carolina as a Ranger in late April and was finished off when he was hit by Jason Chimera in the playoffs.
One way or the other, the Devils have to be concerned seeing Clowe dealing with another concussion so early into the season and with four more years left on his contract after this one.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)