Dec 7, 2013, 3:34 PM EDT
New Jersey Devils forward Ryane Clowe has been out of action since suffering a concussion against Winnipeg on October 13. He’s played just six games this season, but he’s returned to skating and is aiming to return soon.
His history of concussion issues has him nervous, however, as he tells Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice.
“I can’t really control what happens, but I’d probably be lying to you by saying it’s not really some concern when you have these things, but just as long as it’s not affecting how I play or when I get back if I’m thinking about it, that’s the most important thing,” Clowe said.
Clowe suffered three different head or neck injuries last season, one with San Jose and two with the New York Rangers. He told Gulitti he came back too soon from the concussion he suffered against Carolina as a Ranger in late April and was finished off when he was hit by Jason Chimera in the playoffs.
One way or the other, the Devils have to be concerned seeing Clowe dealing with another concussion so early into the season and with four more years left on his contract after this one.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 20
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 44
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 121
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 79
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7