Dec 7, 2013, 3:34 PM EST
New Jersey Devils forward Ryane Clowe has been out of action since suffering a concussion against Winnipeg on October 13. He’s played just six games this season, but he’s returned to skating and is aiming to return soon.
His history of concussion issues has him nervous, however, as he tells Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice.
“I can’t really control what happens, but I’d probably be lying to you by saying it’s not really some concern when you have these things, but just as long as it’s not affecting how I play or when I get back if I’m thinking about it, that’s the most important thing,” Clowe said.
Clowe suffered three different head or neck injuries last season, one with San Jose and two with the New York Rangers. He told Gulitti he came back too soon from the concussion he suffered against Carolina as a Ranger in late April and was finished off when he was hit by Jason Chimera in the playoffs.
One way or the other, the Devils have to be concerned seeing Clowe dealing with another concussion so early into the season and with four more years left on his contract after this one.
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 8
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 3
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 8
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 30
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 37
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 34
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 56
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (56)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ (37)