Dec 7, 2013, 3:02 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets will have to do without a key player for at least their next two games.
According to Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch, defenseman James Wisniewski will miss the team’s games on Monday against Pittsburgh and Tuesday against New Jersey with an upper body injury. David Savard will take his spot in the lineup.
Keeping Wisniewski healthy has been an issue the past couple seasons. He missed 18 games last season and 34 games two seasons ago. The Blue Jackets have a lot invested in him to be one of their top defenseman and going without him is obviously less-than optimal.
Making matters worse, they’re also without goalie Sergei Bobrovsky for the next 4-5 weeks with a groin injury. At the least, they can hope Wisniewski can return for their game against the New York Rangers on Thursday.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 24
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 12
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 8
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 15
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 56
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1