Dec 7, 2013, 3:02 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets will have to do without a key player for at least their next two games.
According to Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch, defenseman James Wisniewski will miss the team’s games on Monday against Pittsburgh and Tuesday against New Jersey with an upper body injury. David Savard will take his spot in the lineup.
Keeping Wisniewski healthy has been an issue the past couple seasons. He missed 18 games last season and 34 games two seasons ago. The Blue Jackets have a lot invested in him to be one of their top defenseman and going without him is obviously less-than optimal.
Making matters worse, they’re also without goalie Sergei Bobrovsky for the next 4-5 weeks with a groin injury. At the least, they can hope Wisniewski can return for their game against the New York Rangers on Thursday.
- Tortorella calls meltdown ‘a kick in the teeth’ 4
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 11
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 35
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)