Dec 7, 2013, 3:02 PM EST
The Columbus Blue Jackets will have to do without a key player for at least their next two games.
According to Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch, defenseman James Wisniewski will miss the team’s games on Monday against Pittsburgh and Tuesday against New Jersey with an upper body injury. David Savard will take his spot in the lineup.
Keeping Wisniewski healthy has been an issue the past couple seasons. He missed 18 games last season and 34 games two seasons ago. The Blue Jackets have a lot invested in him to be one of their top defenseman and going without him is obviously less-than optimal.
Making matters worse, they’re also without goalie Sergei Bobrovsky for the next 4-5 weeks with a groin injury. At the least, they can hope Wisniewski can return for their game against the New York Rangers on Thursday.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 10
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 2
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 10
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4