Dec 7, 2013, 3:02 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets will have to do without a key player for at least their next two games.
According to Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch, defenseman James Wisniewski will miss the team’s games on Monday against Pittsburgh and Tuesday against New Jersey with an upper body injury. David Savard will take his spot in the lineup.
Keeping Wisniewski healthy has been an issue the past couple seasons. He missed 18 games last season and 34 games two seasons ago. The Blue Jackets have a lot invested in him to be one of their top defenseman and going without him is obviously less-than optimal.
Making matters worse, they’re also without goalie Sergei Bobrovsky for the next 4-5 weeks with a groin injury. At the least, they can hope Wisniewski can return for their game against the New York Rangers on Thursday.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 6
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 51
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 52
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 160
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 30
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (161)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)