Dec 7, 2013, 3:02 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets will have to do without a key player for at least their next two games.
According to Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch, defenseman James Wisniewski will miss the team’s games on Monday against Pittsburgh and Tuesday against New Jersey with an upper body injury. David Savard will take his spot in the lineup.
Keeping Wisniewski healthy has been an issue the past couple seasons. He missed 18 games last season and 34 games two seasons ago. The Blue Jackets have a lot invested in him to be one of their top defenseman and going without him is obviously less-than optimal.
Making matters worse, they’re also without goalie Sergei Bobrovsky for the next 4-5 weeks with a groin injury. At the least, they can hope Wisniewski can return for their game against the New York Rangers on Thursday.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 48
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)