Dec 6, 2013, 2:47 PM EDT
Brett Clark is getting another kick at the can in Colorado.
The veteran defenseman has signed a professional try out with the Avs’ AHL affiliate in Lake Erie, according to TVA’s Renaud Lavoie.
Clark, 36, enjoyed some of his finest NHL campaigns in Colorado, posting career highs in goals (10) and points (39) during the 2006-07 season.
A veteran of nearly 700 NHL contests, Clark was most recently in camp with the Florida Panthers before getting dropped prior to the start of the regular season. Last year, Clark appeared in eight games for Minnesota, recording one assist while posting a minus-9 record.
His last full NHL campaign was in 2011-12, when he scored 15 points in 82 games for Tampa Bay.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 5
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 8
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 6
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 89
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (93)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)