Dec 6, 2013, 2:47 PM EDT
Brett Clark is getting another kick at the can in Colorado.
The veteran defenseman has signed a professional try out with the Avs’ AHL affiliate in Lake Erie, according to TVA’s Renaud Lavoie.
Clark, 36, enjoyed some of his finest NHL campaigns in Colorado, posting career highs in goals (10) and points (39) during the 2006-07 season.
A veteran of nearly 700 NHL contests, Clark was most recently in camp with the Florida Panthers before getting dropped prior to the start of the regular season. Last year, Clark appeared in eight games for Minnesota, recording one assist while posting a minus-9 record.
His last full NHL campaign was in 2011-12, when he scored 15 points in 82 games for Tampa Bay.
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 0
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 14
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 13
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)