Dec 6, 2013, 2:47 PM EDT
Brett Clark is getting another kick at the can in Colorado.
The veteran defenseman has signed a professional try out with the Avs’ AHL affiliate in Lake Erie, according to TVA’s Renaud Lavoie.
Clark, 36, enjoyed some of his finest NHL campaigns in Colorado, posting career highs in goals (10) and points (39) during the 2006-07 season.
A veteran of nearly 700 NHL contests, Clark was most recently in camp with the Florida Panthers before getting dropped prior to the start of the regular season. Last year, Clark appeared in eight games for Minnesota, recording one assist while posting a minus-9 record.
His last full NHL campaign was in 2011-12, when he scored 15 points in 82 games for Tampa Bay.
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 0
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 2
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 14
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 45
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (60)