Dec 6, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
And when he does return, he’ll be wearing a visor, just like he was wearing this morning at Nashville practice.
Weber has missed three games with an eye injury after being struck in the face with a puck on Nov. 28. The 28-year-old defenseman said today he feels lucky the injury wasn’t worse.
“When you can’t see, it’s pretty scary,” he said. “You wonder if it’s long term.”
Weber said it may take him some time to get used to the visor, but he’s worn one before, in junior and in the Olympics and World Championships.
“I’m sure after a little while I won’t even notice it,” he said.
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Philadelphia Flyers at New York Rangers (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 24
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 36
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63