Dec 6, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
And when he does return, he’ll be wearing a visor, just like he was wearing this morning at Nashville practice.
Weber has missed three games with an eye injury after being struck in the face with a puck on Nov. 28. The 28-year-old defenseman said today he feels lucky the injury wasn’t worse.
“When you can’t see, it’s pretty scary,” he said. “You wonder if it’s long term.”
Weber said it may take him some time to get used to the visor, but he’s worn one before, in junior and in the Olympics and World Championships.
“I’m sure after a little while I won’t even notice it,” he said.
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 16
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13