Dec 6, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
And when he does return, he’ll be wearing a visor, just like he was wearing this morning at Nashville practice.
Weber has missed three games with an eye injury after being struck in the face with a puck on Nov. 28. The 28-year-old defenseman said today he feels lucky the injury wasn’t worse.
“When you can’t see, it’s pretty scary,” he said. “You wonder if it’s long term.”
Weber said it may take him some time to get used to the visor, but he’s worn one before, in junior and in the Olympics and World Championships.
“I’m sure after a little while I won’t even notice it,” he said.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)