Dec 6, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
And when he does return, he’ll be wearing a visor, just like he was wearing this morning at Nashville practice.
Weber has missed three games with an eye injury after being struck in the face with a puck on Nov. 28. The 28-year-old defenseman said today he feels lucky the injury wasn’t worse.
“When you can’t see, it’s pretty scary,” he said. “You wonder if it’s long term.”
Weber said it may take him some time to get used to the visor, but he’s worn one before, in junior and in the Olympics and World Championships.
“I’m sure after a little while I won’t even notice it,” he said.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2