Dec 6, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
And when he does return, he’ll be wearing a visor, just like he was wearing this morning at Nashville practice.
Weber has missed three games with an eye injury after being struck in the face with a puck on Nov. 28. The 28-year-old defenseman said today he feels lucky the injury wasn’t worse.
“When you can’t see, it’s pretty scary,” he said. “You wonder if it’s long term.”
Weber said it may take him some time to get used to the visor, but he’s worn one before, in junior and in the Olympics and World Championships.
“I’m sure after a little while I won’t even notice it,” he said.
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 3
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 2
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 12
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)