Dec 6, 2013, 10:15 PM EDT
Update: Unfortunately for the New Jersey Devils, they weren’t lucky all Friday night, as the Detroit Red Wings beat them 3-1.
As it turns out, Cory Schneider might not have even had the most memorable save of that game, either. Check out Jonas Gustavsson‘s reflexes and/or luck in making this behind-the-back stop. Feel free to compare and contrast:
If you were to construct a list of the unluckiest goalies in the NHL, Cory Schneider might just be at the top. So it’s nice to see him get a break or two every now and then.
That happened on Friday, as he made a genuinely unusual save. And by that, I mean that his jersey made the save against the Red Wings:
The bounces haven’t been going New Jersey’s way that often, especially when Schneider’s been in net, but maybe that will change tonight.
Naturally, this will probably cause the competition committee to shrink goalie sweaters next summer. After all, we don’t want netminders draped in muumuus like Homer Simpson …
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 24
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 39
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 23
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 135
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51