Dec 6, 2013, 10:15 PM EDT
Update: Unfortunately for the New Jersey Devils, they weren’t lucky all Friday night, as the Detroit Red Wings beat them 3-1.
As it turns out, Cory Schneider might not have even had the most memorable save of that game, either. Check out Jonas Gustavsson‘s reflexes and/or luck in making this behind-the-back stop. Feel free to compare and contrast:
If you were to construct a list of the unluckiest goalies in the NHL, Cory Schneider might just be at the top. So it’s nice to see him get a break or two every now and then.
That happened on Friday, as he made a genuinely unusual save. And by that, I mean that his jersey made the save against the Red Wings:
The bounces haven’t been going New Jersey’s way that often, especially when Schneider’s been in net, but maybe that will change tonight.
Naturally, this will probably cause the competition committee to shrink goalie sweaters next summer. After all, we don’t want netminders draped in muumuus like Homer Simpson …
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 8
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 33
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)