Dec 6, 2013, 10:15 PM EST
Update: Unfortunately for the New Jersey Devils, they weren’t lucky all Friday night, as the Detroit Red Wings beat them 3-1.
As it turns out, Cory Schneider might not have even had the most memorable save of that game, either. Check out Jonas Gustavsson‘s reflexes and/or luck in making this behind-the-back stop. Feel free to compare and contrast:
If you were to construct a list of the unluckiest goalies in the NHL, Cory Schneider might just be at the top. So it’s nice to see him get a break or two every now and then.
That happened on Friday, as he made a genuinely unusual save. And by that, I mean that his jersey made the save against the Red Wings:
The bounces haven’t been going New Jersey’s way that often, especially when Schneider’s been in net, but maybe that will change tonight.
Naturally, this will probably cause the competition committee to shrink goalie sweaters next summer. After all, we don’t want netminders draped in muumuus like Homer Simpson …
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 21
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 20
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 45
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 9