Dec 6, 2013, 10:15 PM EDT
Update: Unfortunately for the New Jersey Devils, they weren’t lucky all Friday night, as the Detroit Red Wings beat them 3-1.
As it turns out, Cory Schneider might not have even had the most memorable save of that game, either. Check out Jonas Gustavsson‘s reflexes and/or luck in making this behind-the-back stop. Feel free to compare and contrast:
If you were to construct a list of the unluckiest goalies in the NHL, Cory Schneider might just be at the top. So it’s nice to see him get a break or two every now and then.
That happened on Friday, as he made a genuinely unusual save. And by that, I mean that his jersey made the save against the Red Wings:
The bounces haven’t been going New Jersey’s way that often, especially when Schneider’s been in net, but maybe that will change tonight.
Naturally, this will probably cause the competition committee to shrink goalie sweaters next summer. After all, we don’t want netminders draped in muumuus like Homer Simpson …
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 17
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)