Dec 6, 2013, 10:15 PM EDT
Update: Unfortunately for the New Jersey Devils, they weren’t lucky all Friday night, as the Detroit Red Wings beat them 3-1.
As it turns out, Cory Schneider might not have even had the most memorable save of that game, either. Check out Jonas Gustavsson‘s reflexes and/or luck in making this behind-the-back stop. Feel free to compare and contrast:
If you were to construct a list of the unluckiest goalies in the NHL, Cory Schneider might just be at the top. So it’s nice to see him get a break or two every now and then.
That happened on Friday, as he made a genuinely unusual save. And by that, I mean that his jersey made the save against the Red Wings:
The bounces haven’t been going New Jersey’s way that often, especially when Schneider’s been in net, but maybe that will change tonight.
Naturally, this will probably cause the competition committee to shrink goalie sweaters next summer. After all, we don’t want netminders draped in muumuus like Homer Simpson …
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 0
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 16
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 28
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)