Dec 6, 2013, 12:42 AM EDT
It was once close. Then the Edmonton Oilers pulled away. In the end, it was incredibly lopsided.
The Oilers scored five unanswered goals in the final 28 minutes of Thursday’s game against the Colorado Avalanche, busting wide open what was at one point a one-goal hockey game into an 8-2 thumping.
Taylor Hall scored twice in the first period and completed the hat trick on the power play with 11 seconds remaining in the third period to complete the eight spot for the Oilers. He finished the night with four points.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 43
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (47)