Dec 6, 2013, 12:42 AM EDT
It was once close. Then the Edmonton Oilers pulled away. In the end, it was incredibly lopsided.
The Oilers scored five unanswered goals in the final 28 minutes of Thursday’s game against the Colorado Avalanche, busting wide open what was at one point a one-goal hockey game into an 8-2 thumping.
Taylor Hall scored twice in the first period and completed the hat trick on the power play with 11 seconds remaining in the third period to complete the eight spot for the Oilers. He finished the night with four points.
- Letang banged up by Doan hit 0
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 0
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- The King is back: Lundqvist starts for Rangers Saturday 8
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)