Dec 6, 2013, 12:42 AM EDT
It was once close. Then the Edmonton Oilers pulled away. In the end, it was incredibly lopsided.
The Oilers scored five unanswered goals in the final 28 minutes of Thursday’s game against the Colorado Avalanche, busting wide open what was at one point a one-goal hockey game into an 8-2 thumping.
Taylor Hall scored twice in the first period and completed the hat trick on the power play with 11 seconds remaining in the third period to complete the eight spot for the Oilers. He finished the night with four points.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 35
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 11
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 25
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)