Dec 6, 2013, 12:42 AM EDT
It was once close. Then the Edmonton Oilers pulled away. In the end, it was incredibly lopsided.
The Oilers scored five unanswered goals in the final 28 minutes of Thursday’s game against the Colorado Avalanche, busting wide open what was at one point a one-goal hockey game into an 8-2 thumping.
Taylor Hall scored twice in the first period and completed the hat trick on the power play with 11 seconds remaining in the third period to complete the eight spot for the Oilers. He finished the night with four points.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5