Dec 6, 2013, 7:05 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars’ defense is hurting right now, as Trevor Daley joins Stephane Robidas as blueliners who will be out for a significant amount of time with lower-body injuries. Daley, 30, was placed on the IR stemming from this injury from Thursday:
Stars head coach Lindy Ruff gave the vague update that Daley will be out “weeks.”
“He was evaluated this morning and he is going to be out weeks,” Ruff said. “We’ll see where we end up with that.”
Both Daley and Robidas were injured due to unfortunate tumbles into the boards. Robidas, 36, suffered his issue on Nov. 28 and is out indefinitely:
Despite losing two important pieces of their defense corps, Stars GM Jim Nill said he’s staying the course. For now, at least.
“We’ll go with what we’ve got. We’ve been happy.” Nill said. “This is a good opportunity for the young guys. I thought last night [Jamie] Oleksiak and [Kevin] Connauton both came in and played well. We’ve got Jordie Benn (a healthy scratch Thursday) who is going to get back in the lineup. We’ve got Aaron Rome who is injured, but coming back. So, we’ve got that extra guy there. We’re going to be OK.”
“OK” might not be good enough to make up enough ground to grab a playoff spot, though.
On the bright side, it sounds like Ryan Garbutt (ankle/foot) might be ready to play on Saturday, though that isn’t likely to improve their outlook on defense.
Apr 26, 2015, 12:07 AM EDT
Another big rally at the Saddledome.
Apr 25, 2015, 11:03 PM EDT
A six-game series that felt like (at least) seven.
Apr 25, 2015, 10:31 PM EDT
Wild stuff at the Saddledome tonight.
Apr 25, 2015, 9:59 PM EDT
Vancouver looking to avoid elimination for the second straight game.
Apr 25, 2015, 9:55 PM EDT
Zero goals in five playoff games.
Apr 25, 2015, 9:18 PM EDT
A healthy tally.
Apr 25, 2015, 8:50 PM EDT
Putting on a clinic.
Apr 25, 2015, 8:41 PM EDT
Corey Crawford’s back in.
Apr 25, 2015, 7:37 PM EDT
The Islanders won 3-1 in Game 6.
Apr 25, 2015, 6:59 PM EDT
No penalty on the play.
Apr 25, 2015, 6:10 PM EDT
He made his postseason debut in Game 4.
Apr 25, 2015, 6:03 PM EDT
Plenty of life on Long Island.
Apr 25, 2015, 5:48 PM EDT
Apr 25, 2015, 5:20 PM EDT
Keep this bounce in mind in the third period.
Apr 25, 2015, 4:58 PM EDT
He’s been ruled out of the series due to a rib injury.
Apr 25, 2015, 4:25 PM EDT
Carlson has his first of the playoffs.
Apr 25, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
Kudos to the Cambria County War Memorial Arena in Johnstown, Pennsylvania and the Decatur Civic Center in Decatur, Illinois.
Apr 25, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
He’ll backup for a fourth straight game.
Apr 25, 2015, 2:55 PM EDT
New York, Nashville and Vancouver are all facing elimination today.
Apr 25, 2015, 2:25 PM EDT
Both were in their first season with the hockey club.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)