Dec 6, 2013, 7:05 PM EST
The Dallas Stars’ defense is hurting right now, as Trevor Daley joins Stephane Robidas as blueliners who will be out for a significant amount of time with lower-body injuries. Daley, 30, was placed on the IR stemming from this injury from Thursday:
Stars head coach Lindy Ruff gave the vague update that Daley will be out “weeks.”
“He was evaluated this morning and he is going to be out weeks,” Ruff said. “We’ll see where we end up with that.”
Both Daley and Robidas were injured due to unfortunate tumbles into the boards. Robidas, 36, suffered his issue on Nov. 28 and is out indefinitely:
Despite losing two important pieces of their defense corps, Stars GM Jim Nill said he’s staying the course. For now, at least.
“We’ll go with what we’ve got. We’ve been happy.” Nill said. “This is a good opportunity for the young guys. I thought last night [Jamie] Oleksiak and [Kevin] Connauton both came in and played well. We’ve got Jordie Benn (a healthy scratch Thursday) who is going to get back in the lineup. We’ve got Aaron Rome who is injured, but coming back. So, we’ve got that extra guy there. We’re going to be OK.”
“OK” might not be good enough to make up enough ground to grab a playoff spot, though.
On the bright side, it sounds like Ryan Garbutt (ankle/foot) might be ready to play on Saturday, though that isn’t likely to improve their outlook on defense.
Nov 27, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
Expected to formally announce his retirement next Thursday morning.
Nov 27, 2014, 5:15 PM EST
Talented center would be a prized pickup at the deadline.
Nov 27, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
Patrick Roy doesn’t own part of a junior team anymore.
Nov 27, 2014, 2:41 PM EST
Incident occurred during Wednesday’s Jets-Sabres game.
Nov 27, 2014, 2:27 PM EST
Linden Vey gets back into the lineup for tomorrow’s game in Columbus.
Nov 27, 2014, 2:12 PM EST
Dallas forward has history as a repeat offender.
Nov 27, 2014, 2:03 PM EST
That’s a picture of Shawn Thornton, who doesn’t play for them anymore.
Nov 27, 2014, 1:59 PM EST
Just two goals in 20 games this year.
Nov 27, 2014, 1:16 PM EST
Devils currently sit 12th in the Eastern Conference.
Nov 27, 2014, 12:29 PM EST
Played in 14 games over parts of the last three seasons.
Nov 27, 2014, 12:17 PM EST
Following Tuesday’s “mind-numbing” change in Dallas.
Nov 27, 2014, 12:02 PM EST
Big boost for Nashville, who hosts Edmonton tonight.
Nov 27, 2014, 11:44 AM EST
That’s the feeling, at least.
Nov 27, 2014, 11:18 AM EST
Florida’s No. 1 left Wednesday’s game early.
Nov 27, 2014, 11:10 AM EST
Nov 27, 2014, 11:10 AM EST
Center had a career-high 18 goals and 39 points last year.
Nov 27, 2014, 10:59 AM EST
Not listed: glorious gluttony.
Nov 27, 2014, 9:58 AM EST
“It’s pretty easy to see things slipping away,” Steve Mason said.
Nov 27, 2014, 9:26 AM EST
The hit generated a five-minute major and game misconduct.
Nov 27, 2014, 8:18 AM EST
Turkey Day’s assortment of links.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 24
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)