Report: No hearing for Pacioretty after boarding Boychuk

Dec 6, 2013, 1:33 PM EST

Montreal forward Max Pacioretty won’t face any supplemental discipline for a hit that saw Boston’s Johnny Boychuk get stretchered off the ice on Thursday, Marc Antoine Godin of La Press reports.

Here’s the incident in question:

Pacioretty was given a two-minute boarding minor on the play, while Boychuk was taken to local hospital for observation. Able to move all his extremities, Boychuk was able to travel with his Bruins teammates last night.

“I think it was deserving of a two-minute penalty,” Bruins coach Claude Julien told the Boston Globe. “When I looked at it, it was. I’m being honest here. I don’t think it was more than that.

“I think it was the way he went into the boards that did most of the damage. I don’t think it was from the severity of the hit.”

Following the game — a 2-1 Montreal victory — Pacioretty spoke with the media and said he felt terrible about the incident.

“As soon as I saw the stretcher come out I wanted to puke,” he said, as per TSN. “I felt awful.”

Latest Posts
  1. Video: Downie fights Hamonic as Penguins-Islanders rivalry heats up

Nov 22, 2014, 9:56 PM EST

Pittsburgh Penguins v New York Islanders Getty Images

New York takes both games of home-and-home set with Pittsburgh.

2. Stars GM Nill sees plan coming together

Nov 22, 2014, 7:38 PM EST

Jim Nill AP

Dallas has moved a trio of blue liners recently.

3. Capitals easing up on referees under Barry Trotz

Nov 22, 2014, 7:09 PM EST

Washington Capitals v New York Rangers - Game Six Getty Images

“Let the referees do their job, we’ll do our job.”

4. Blues’ Bouwmeester suffers ‘lower-body ailment’ in win over Senators

Nov 22, 2014, 6:31 PM EST

St Louis Blues v Los Angeles Kings Getty Images

The St. Louis defender had an assist on the eventual winner.

5. Callahan expects ‘bite’ in Lightning’s game vs. Wild

Nov 22, 2014, 4:55 PM EST

Tampa Bay Lightning v Minnesota Wild Getty Images

“They embarrassed us pretty good in their building.”

6. Goalie nods: Clemmensen’s first Devils start since 2009

Nov 22, 2014, 2:50 PM EST

Philadelphia Flyers v New Jersey Devils Getty Images

A fun way to mislead people about Cory Schneider’s workhorse run.

7. R.I.P. to ‘the dry scrape’

Nov 22, 2014, 1:55 PM EST

Ducks Kings Hockey AP

NHL makes it official.

8. Jagr gives his wig-wearing imitators a big thumbs up

Nov 22, 2014, 12:40 PM EST

travelingjagrs

“They know who is the man.”

9. Blue Jackets fans throw support behind Jack Johnson

Nov 22, 2014, 11:07 AM EST

Dallas Stars v Columbus Blue Jackets Getty Images

His goal got the biggest reaction in Columbus on Friday.

Coaches in and out of the hot seat

Top 10 NHL Player Searches