Dec 6, 2013, 1:33 PM EST
Here’s the incident in question:
Pacioretty was given a two-minute boarding minor on the play, while Boychuk was taken to local hospital for observation. Able to move all his extremities, Boychuk was able to travel with his Bruins teammates last night.
“I think it was deserving of a two-minute penalty,” Bruins coach Claude Julien told the Boston Globe. “When I looked at it, it was. I’m being honest here. I don’t think it was more than that.
“I think it was the way he went into the boards that did most of the damage. I don’t think it was from the severity of the hit.”
Following the game — a 2-1 Montreal victory — Pacioretty spoke with the media and said he felt terrible about the incident.
“As soon as I saw the stretcher come out I wanted to puke,” he said, as per TSN. “I felt awful.”
Dec 19, 2014, 1:33 AM EST
These things happen.
Dec 19, 2014, 1:10 AM EST
But they did score more than two goals in a game for first time since Nov. 28.
Dec 19, 2014, 12:35 AM EST
Because everyone likes a snack before they line up for a faceoff, right?
Dec 19, 2014, 12:31 AM EST
Last shift came early in the second period.
Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit
Dec 18, 2014, 11:49 PM EST
Montreal lost this game, as well.
Dec 18, 2014, 11:29 PM EST
This was a back-and-forth contest.
Dec 18, 2014, 10:52 PM EST
And Roberto Luongo’s victory ties him for 12th on the all-time list.
Dec 18, 2014, 10:29 PM EST
Dec 18, 2014, 10:15 PM EST
Left the game after the first period.
Dec 18, 2014, 9:26 PM EST
Has played five games since his return.
Dec 18, 2014, 8:51 PM EST
Dec 18, 2014, 7:44 PM EST
These two have a bit of a history.
Dec 18, 2014, 6:39 PM EST
He’ll be in the lineup when Pittsburgh takes on the Avs at home.
Dec 18, 2014, 6:33 PM EST
When Colorado takes on the Penguins at Consol.
Dec 18, 2014, 6:07 PM EST
Journeyman tough guy is back playing in North America.
Dec 18, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
So says Sharks coach Todd McLellan, who witnessed James Neal’s cannonball on Saturday.
Dec 18, 2014, 5:05 PM EST
The Kings have lost five of their last six.
Dec 18, 2014, 4:12 PM EST
For a sixth-round pick.
Dec 18, 2014, 3:58 PM EST
“This is our adversity,” says Paul Maurice.
Dec 18, 2014, 2:57 PM EST
The Minnesota Wild have to be frustrated.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11