Dec 6, 2013, 1:33 PM EDT
Here’s the incident in question:
Pacioretty was given a two-minute boarding minor on the play, while Boychuk was taken to local hospital for observation. Able to move all his extremities, Boychuk was able to travel with his Bruins teammates last night.
“I think it was deserving of a two-minute penalty,” Bruins coach Claude Julien told the Boston Globe. “When I looked at it, it was. I’m being honest here. I don’t think it was more than that.
“I think it was the way he went into the boards that did most of the damage. I don’t think it was from the severity of the hit.”
Following the game — a 2-1 Montreal victory — Pacioretty spoke with the media and said he felt terrible about the incident.
“As soon as I saw the stretcher come out I wanted to puke,” he said, as per TSN. “I felt awful.”
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)