Dec 6, 2013, 7:35 PM EDT
Datsyuk, 35, is missing his sixth consecutive game because of a concussion he suffered on Nov. 23. If Fox Sports Detroit’s report is accurate, he’ll sit out seven games with the injury before facing the Panthers in Florida on Tuesday.
Datsyuk suffered the injury thanks to Ottawa Senators defenseman Jared Cowen, who didn’t receive a penalty on the play and was not given a fine or a suspension for the hit:
As usual, Datsyuk has been a key figure for the Red Wings, scoring 12 goals and 23 points in 24 games. Surprisingly, Detroit has been solid in his absence, winning four of their five games with him out of the lineup so far.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5