Dec 6, 2013, 7:35 PM EST
Datsyuk, 35, is missing his sixth consecutive game because of a concussion he suffered on Nov. 23. If Fox Sports Detroit’s report is accurate, he’ll sit out seven games with the injury before facing the Panthers in Florida on Tuesday.
Datsyuk suffered the injury thanks to Ottawa Senators defenseman Jared Cowen, who didn’t receive a penalty on the play and was not given a fine or a suspension for the hit:
As usual, Datsyuk has been a key figure for the Red Wings, scoring 12 goals and 23 points in 24 games. Surprisingly, Detroit has been solid in his absence, winning four of their five games with him out of the lineup so far.
- Stomach flu makes Lightning’s Johnson a surprise scratch 0
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 8
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 10
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 34
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2