Dec 6, 2013, 7:35 PM EDT
Datsyuk, 35, is missing his sixth consecutive game because of a concussion he suffered on Nov. 23. If Fox Sports Detroit’s report is accurate, he’ll sit out seven games with the injury before facing the Panthers in Florida on Tuesday.
Datsyuk suffered the injury thanks to Ottawa Senators defenseman Jared Cowen, who didn’t receive a penalty on the play and was not given a fine or a suspension for the hit:
As usual, Datsyuk has been a key figure for the Red Wings, scoring 12 goals and 23 points in 24 games. Surprisingly, Detroit has been solid in his absence, winning four of their five games with him out of the lineup so far.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 0
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 31
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 30
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21