Dec 6, 2013, 7:35 PM EDT
Datsyuk, 35, is missing his sixth consecutive game because of a concussion he suffered on Nov. 23. If Fox Sports Detroit’s report is accurate, he’ll sit out seven games with the injury before facing the Panthers in Florida on Tuesday.
Datsyuk suffered the injury thanks to Ottawa Senators defenseman Jared Cowen, who didn’t receive a penalty on the play and was not given a fine or a suspension for the hit:
As usual, Datsyuk has been a key figure for the Red Wings, scoring 12 goals and 23 points in 24 games. Surprisingly, Detroit has been solid in his absence, winning four of their five games with him out of the lineup so far.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 14
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31