Dec 6, 2013, 5:45 PM EST
Miller, 20, was the club’s first-round pick (15th overall) at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft. He made his Rangers’ debut last year, appearing in 26 games, and has scored two points in 15 games this year, shuttling back and forth between New York and Hartford.
New York next plays New Jersey on Saturday — kicking off the Rangers’ season-long nine game homestand — so Miller could draw back in to face the Devils.
As for what that means for the rest of the lineup, here’s Andrew Gross of the Bergen Record:
With Miller recalled, it’s likely [Benoit] Pouliot will be out of the lineup when the Rangers open a franchise-record nine-game homestand on Saturday night against the Devils.
Against the Sabres, Pouliot seemed to be at his unfocused worst, just gliding through plays without impacting the action. That was in his limited time on the ice, of course. [Rangers head coach Alain] Vigneault played Pouliot just 9:59 with just three shifts in the third period as he sat on the bench for nearly 10 minutes.
Pouliot also took a bad tripping penalty against Ville Leino with 3.9 seconds to go in the second period and the Rangers still clinging to a 1-0 lead.
Pouliot has just two goals and five points through 29 games this year. Earlier this season, Vigneault called out Pouliot for a lack of consistency, saying “you only get so many kicks at the can.”
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11