Dec 6, 2013, 5:45 PM EDT
Miller, 20, was the club’s first-round pick (15th overall) at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft. He made his Rangers’ debut last year, appearing in 26 games, and has scored two points in 15 games this year, shuttling back and forth between New York and Hartford.
New York next plays New Jersey on Saturday — kicking off the Rangers’ season-long nine game homestand — so Miller could draw back in to face the Devils.
As for what that means for the rest of the lineup, here’s Andrew Gross of the Bergen Record:
With Miller recalled, it’s likely [Benoit] Pouliot will be out of the lineup when the Rangers open a franchise-record nine-game homestand on Saturday night against the Devils.
Against the Sabres, Pouliot seemed to be at his unfocused worst, just gliding through plays without impacting the action. That was in his limited time on the ice, of course. [Rangers head coach Alain] Vigneault played Pouliot just 9:59 with just three shifts in the third period as he sat on the bench for nearly 10 minutes.
Pouliot also took a bad tripping penalty against Ville Leino with 3.9 seconds to go in the second period and the Rangers still clinging to a 1-0 lead.
Pouliot has just two goals and five points through 29 games this year. Earlier this season, Vigneault called out Pouliot for a lack of consistency, saying “you only get so many kicks at the can.”
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 4
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 14
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 53
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)