Dec 6, 2013, 5:45 PM EDT
Miller, 20, was the club’s first-round pick (15th overall) at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft. He made his Rangers’ debut last year, appearing in 26 games, and has scored two points in 15 games this year, shuttling back and forth between New York and Hartford.
New York next plays New Jersey on Saturday — kicking off the Rangers’ season-long nine game homestand — so Miller could draw back in to face the Devils.
As for what that means for the rest of the lineup, here’s Andrew Gross of the Bergen Record:
With Miller recalled, it’s likely [Benoit] Pouliot will be out of the lineup when the Rangers open a franchise-record nine-game homestand on Saturday night against the Devils.
Against the Sabres, Pouliot seemed to be at his unfocused worst, just gliding through plays without impacting the action. That was in his limited time on the ice, of course. [Rangers head coach Alain] Vigneault played Pouliot just 9:59 with just three shifts in the third period as he sat on the bench for nearly 10 minutes.
Pouliot also took a bad tripping penalty against Ville Leino with 3.9 seconds to go in the second period and the Rangers still clinging to a 1-0 lead.
Pouliot has just two goals and five points through 29 games this year. Earlier this season, Vigneault called out Pouliot for a lack of consistency, saying “you only get so many kicks at the can.”
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (59)