Dec 6, 2013, 5:45 PM EST
Miller, 20, was the club’s first-round pick (15th overall) at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft. He made his Rangers’ debut last year, appearing in 26 games, and has scored two points in 15 games this year, shuttling back and forth between New York and Hartford.
New York next plays New Jersey on Saturday — kicking off the Rangers’ season-long nine game homestand — so Miller could draw back in to face the Devils.
As for what that means for the rest of the lineup, here’s Andrew Gross of the Bergen Record:
With Miller recalled, it’s likely [Benoit] Pouliot will be out of the lineup when the Rangers open a franchise-record nine-game homestand on Saturday night against the Devils.
Against the Sabres, Pouliot seemed to be at his unfocused worst, just gliding through plays without impacting the action. That was in his limited time on the ice, of course. [Rangers head coach Alain] Vigneault played Pouliot just 9:59 with just three shifts in the third period as he sat on the bench for nearly 10 minutes.
Pouliot also took a bad tripping penalty against Ville Leino with 3.9 seconds to go in the second period and the Rangers still clinging to a 1-0 lead.
Pouliot has just two goals and five points through 29 games this year. Earlier this season, Vigneault called out Pouliot for a lack of consistency, saying “you only get so many kicks at the can.”
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 2
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 57
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 80
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 29
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)