Dec 6, 2013, 5:45 PM EDT
Miller, 20, was the club’s first-round pick (15th overall) at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft. He made his Rangers’ debut last year, appearing in 26 games, and has scored two points in 15 games this year, shuttling back and forth between New York and Hartford.
New York next plays New Jersey on Saturday — kicking off the Rangers’ season-long nine game homestand — so Miller could draw back in to face the Devils.
As for what that means for the rest of the lineup, here’s Andrew Gross of the Bergen Record:
With Miller recalled, it’s likely [Benoit] Pouliot will be out of the lineup when the Rangers open a franchise-record nine-game homestand on Saturday night against the Devils.
Against the Sabres, Pouliot seemed to be at his unfocused worst, just gliding through plays without impacting the action. That was in his limited time on the ice, of course. [Rangers head coach Alain] Vigneault played Pouliot just 9:59 with just three shifts in the third period as he sat on the bench for nearly 10 minutes.
Pouliot also took a bad tripping penalty against Ville Leino with 3.9 seconds to go in the second period and the Rangers still clinging to a 1-0 lead.
Pouliot has just two goals and five points through 29 games this year. Earlier this season, Vigneault called out Pouliot for a lack of consistency, saying “you only get so many kicks at the can.”
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)