Dec 6, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $2,500 Fantasy Hockey league for Friday’s NHL games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $500. Starts Friday at 7:00 p.m. ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Reports that the NHL will pay Wayne Gretzky the money he was owed from the Phoenix Coyotes have renewed speculation that he might join the Toronto Maple Leafs. (Toronto Star)
Montreal’s Max Pacioretty said that he wasn’t even trying to deliver a hit when he pushed Boston Bruins defenseman Johnny Boychuk into the end boards last night. Boychuk was taken off the ice on a stretcher while the 25-year-old forward received two minutes for boarding. “I’ve been in that situation before,” Pacioretty said. “As you could tell in my game right after that it definitely rattled me a lot.” (Montreal Gazette)
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 40
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 32
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 65
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22