Dec 6, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $2,500 Fantasy Hockey league for Friday’s NHL games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $500. Starts Friday at 7:00 p.m. ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Reports that the NHL will pay Wayne Gretzky the money he was owed from the Phoenix Coyotes have renewed speculation that he might join the Toronto Maple Leafs. (Toronto Star)
Montreal’s Max Pacioretty said that he wasn’t even trying to deliver a hit when he pushed Boston Bruins defenseman Johnny Boychuk into the end boards last night. Boychuk was taken off the ice on a stretcher while the 25-year-old forward received two minutes for boarding. “I’ve been in that situation before,” Pacioretty said. “As you could tell in my game right after that it definitely rattled me a lot.” (Montreal Gazette)
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35