Dec 6, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $2,500 Fantasy Hockey league for Friday’s NHL games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $500. Starts Friday at 7:00 p.m. ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Reports that the NHL will pay Wayne Gretzky the money he was owed from the Phoenix Coyotes have renewed speculation that he might join the Toronto Maple Leafs. (Toronto Star)
Montreal’s Max Pacioretty said that he wasn’t even trying to deliver a hit when he pushed Boston Bruins defenseman Johnny Boychuk into the end boards last night. Boychuk was taken off the ice on a stretcher while the 25-year-old forward received two minutes for boarding. “I’ve been in that situation before,” Pacioretty said. “As you could tell in my game right after that it definitely rattled me a lot.” (Montreal Gazette)
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 5
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6