Dec 6, 2013, 1:20 PM EST
Gilroy, 29, signed a one-year, $700,000 deal with the Panthers in July after spending the lockout-shortened ’13 campaign with the Rangers. He had one goal and two points in 16 games with Florida this season, averaging 16:15 TOI per game.
Gilroy is the second veteran defenseman Florida’s waived in recent weeks. On Nov. 8, the club put Ryan Whitney on waivers and, with no takers, proceeded to assign him to AHL San Antonio.
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 0
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 5
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 4
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 22
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 30
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2