Dec 6, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
Gilroy, 29, signed a one-year, $700,000 deal with the Panthers in July after spending the lockout-shortened ’13 campaign with the Rangers. He had one goal and two points in 16 games with Florida this season, averaging 16:15 TOI per game.
Gilroy is the second veteran defenseman Florida’s waived in recent weeks. On Nov. 8, the club put Ryan Whitney on waivers and, with no takers, proceeded to assign him to AHL San Antonio.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 33
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 28
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 15
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22