Dec 6, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
Gilroy, 29, signed a one-year, $700,000 deal with the Panthers in July after spending the lockout-shortened ’13 campaign with the Rangers. He had one goal and two points in 16 games with Florida this season, averaging 16:15 TOI per game.
Gilroy is the second veteran defenseman Florida’s waived in recent weeks. On Nov. 8, the club put Ryan Whitney on waivers and, with no takers, proceeded to assign him to AHL San Antonio.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5