Dec 6, 2013, 1:20 PM EST
Gilroy, 29, signed a one-year, $700,000 deal with the Panthers in July after spending the lockout-shortened ’13 campaign with the Rangers. He had one goal and two points in 16 games with Florida this season, averaging 16:15 TOI per game.
Gilroy is the second veteran defenseman Florida’s waived in recent weeks. On Nov. 8, the club put Ryan Whitney on waivers and, with no takers, proceeded to assign him to AHL San Antonio.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 48
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 20
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 36
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32