Dec 6, 2013, 3:00 AM EDT
That’s according to L.A. Kings Insider, which also added there is no timetable for their respective returns to the lineup.
“Greener started with the group, and I asked Lewie this morning if he wanted to skate,” Kings head coach Darryl Sutter said, as per L.A. Kings Insider.
“It was because there wouldn’t be contact, rather than doing the same thing out there himself. Obviously it’s not them, per se, it’s when we’re going to have a roster issue, and obviously a cap issue, and we go on a trip. We go east, so obviously all these guys aren’t going to be here.”
Greene hasn’t played since Nov. 2 with an upper-body injury. He was put on injured reserve in the middle of November.
Lewis has been out since Nov. 21 and was placed on injured reserve just two days after that with a lower-body injury.
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 3
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)