Dec 6, 2013, 3:00 AM EDT
That’s according to L.A. Kings Insider, which also added there is no timetable for their respective returns to the lineup.
“Greener started with the group, and I asked Lewie this morning if he wanted to skate,” Kings head coach Darryl Sutter said, as per L.A. Kings Insider.
“It was because there wouldn’t be contact, rather than doing the same thing out there himself. Obviously it’s not them, per se, it’s when we’re going to have a roster issue, and obviously a cap issue, and we go on a trip. We go east, so obviously all these guys aren’t going to be here.”
Greene hasn’t played since Nov. 2 with an upper-body injury. He was put on injured reserve in the middle of November.
Lewis has been out since Nov. 21 and was placed on injured reserve just two days after that with a lower-body injury.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 33
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6