Dec 6, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
The Flyers will once again be without Vincent Lecavalier on Saturday in Dallas.
Today, head coach Craig Berube confirmed Lecavalier would miss his third straight game with a back issue, according to CSN Philly. The Flyers’ co-leading goalscorer (nine, tied with Matt Read) tweaked his back in last week’s win over Nashville and subsequently missed Monday’s 2-0 loss to Minnesota, then Wednesday’s impressive 6-3 comeback victory over Detroit.
Lecavalier, 33, doesn’t have a history of back issues but has struggled with heath over recent years. He missed nine games last season with a lower-body injury and 18 games the year before due to a broken right hand.
When he returns to the lineup is anybody’s guess. Philly’s in the midst of a six-game road trip that continues on Monday in Ottawa and Wednesday in Chicago.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 5
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)