Dec 6, 2013, 11:51 AM EST
The Flyers will once again be without Vincent Lecavalier on Saturday in Dallas.
Today, head coach Craig Berube confirmed Lecavalier would miss his third straight game with a back issue, according to CSN Philly. The Flyers’ co-leading goalscorer (nine, tied with Matt Read) tweaked his back in last week’s win over Nashville and subsequently missed Monday’s 2-0 loss to Minnesota, then Wednesday’s impressive 6-3 comeback victory over Detroit.
Lecavalier, 33, doesn’t have a history of back issues but has struggled with heath over recent years. He missed nine games last season with a lower-body injury and 18 games the year before due to a broken right hand.
When he returns to the lineup is anybody’s guess. Philly’s in the midst of a six-game road trip that continues on Monday in Ottawa and Wednesday in Chicago.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)