Dec 6, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
The Flyers will once again be without Vincent Lecavalier on Saturday in Dallas.
Today, head coach Craig Berube confirmed Lecavalier would miss his third straight game with a back issue, according to CSN Philly. The Flyers’ co-leading goalscorer (nine, tied with Matt Read) tweaked his back in last week’s win over Nashville and subsequently missed Monday’s 2-0 loss to Minnesota, then Wednesday’s impressive 6-3 comeback victory over Detroit.
Lecavalier, 33, doesn’t have a history of back issues but has struggled with heath over recent years. He missed nine games last season with a lower-body injury and 18 games the year before due to a broken right hand.
When he returns to the lineup is anybody’s guess. Philly’s in the midst of a six-game road trip that continues on Monday in Ottawa and Wednesday in Chicago.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5