Dec 6, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
The Flyers will once again be without Vincent Lecavalier on Saturday in Dallas.
Today, head coach Craig Berube confirmed Lecavalier would miss his third straight game with a back issue, according to CSN Philly. The Flyers’ co-leading goalscorer (nine, tied with Matt Read) tweaked his back in last week’s win over Nashville and subsequently missed Monday’s 2-0 loss to Minnesota, then Wednesday’s impressive 6-3 comeback victory over Detroit.
Lecavalier, 33, doesn’t have a history of back issues but has struggled with heath over recent years. He missed nine games last season with a lower-body injury and 18 games the year before due to a broken right hand.
When he returns to the lineup is anybody’s guess. Philly’s in the midst of a six-game road trip that continues on Monday in Ottawa and Wednesday in Chicago.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 67
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 32
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15