Dec 6, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
The Flyers will once again be without Vincent Lecavalier on Saturday in Dallas.
Today, head coach Craig Berube confirmed Lecavalier would miss his third straight game with a back issue, according to CSN Philly. The Flyers’ co-leading goalscorer (nine, tied with Matt Read) tweaked his back in last week’s win over Nashville and subsequently missed Monday’s 2-0 loss to Minnesota, then Wednesday’s impressive 6-3 comeback victory over Detroit.
Lecavalier, 33, doesn’t have a history of back issues but has struggled with heath over recent years. He missed nine games last season with a lower-body injury and 18 games the year before due to a broken right hand.
When he returns to the lineup is anybody’s guess. Philly’s in the midst of a six-game road trip that continues on Monday in Ottawa and Wednesday in Chicago.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)