Dec 6, 2013, 12:14 AM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets continue to try and find a winning way, but Thursday’s result won’t help, at least not immediately.
The Jets fell 5-2 to the Florida Panthers in a battle of former Southeast Division foes. And so the Jets remain sixth in the now realigned Central Division, after failing to take advantage of a chance to move ahead of the Dallas Stars and move to within six points of the Colorado Avalanche.
There wasn’t much for Winnipeg’s head coach Claude Noel to like about his team’s performance, which puts them an uninspiring 4-4-2 in the last 10 games.
“Well, the game wasn’t very good. To me, it really wasn’t the score – I mean, obviously the score is the area – but for me it’s the way we played,” said Noel, as per a video on the team’s website.
“We didn’t have very many good players. I thought we didn’t play very intelligent.”
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)