Dec 6, 2013, 6:31 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks are walking into Friday’s game against the Anaheim Ducks a little bruised and battered, but they’re starting to show signs of healing.
CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers provides some injury updates for the Blackhawks, which are generally positive.
Most pressingly, Michal Handzus is shaking off his illness to play against the Ducks tonight and Andrew Shaw (upper body) is close to returning and could play as soon as Sunday against the Florida Panthers.
Going further, Bryan Bickell (lower body) may begin skating again next week. Bickell, 27, hasn’t played since Nov. 19.
The Blackhawks come into tonight with two consecutive 4-3 losses, prompting some criticism for goalie Corey Crawford. They play three of their next four games at home.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22