Dec 6, 2013, 6:31 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks are walking into Friday’s game against the Anaheim Ducks a little bruised and battered, but they’re starting to show signs of healing.
CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers provides some injury updates for the Blackhawks, which are generally positive.
Most pressingly, Michal Handzus is shaking off his illness to play against the Ducks tonight and Andrew Shaw (upper body) is close to returning and could play as soon as Sunday against the Florida Panthers.
Going further, Bryan Bickell (lower body) may begin skating again next week. Bickell, 27, hasn’t played since Nov. 19.
The Blackhawks come into tonight with two consecutive 4-3 losses, prompting some criticism for goalie Corey Crawford. They play three of their next four games at home.
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 14
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 37
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 149
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (152)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)