Dec 6, 2013, 6:31 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks are walking into Friday’s game against the Anaheim Ducks a little bruised and battered, but they’re starting to show signs of healing.
CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers provides some injury updates for the Blackhawks, which are generally positive.
Most pressingly, Michal Handzus is shaking off his illness to play against the Ducks tonight and Andrew Shaw (upper body) is close to returning and could play as soon as Sunday against the Florida Panthers.
Going further, Bryan Bickell (lower body) may begin skating again next week. Bickell, 27, hasn’t played since Nov. 19.
The Blackhawks come into tonight with two consecutive 4-3 losses, prompting some criticism for goalie Corey Crawford. They play three of their next four games at home.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 0
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 7
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)