Dec 6, 2013, 6:31 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks are walking into Friday’s game against the Anaheim Ducks a little bruised and battered, but they’re starting to show signs of healing.
CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers provides some injury updates for the Blackhawks, which are generally positive.
Most pressingly, Michal Handzus is shaking off his illness to play against the Ducks tonight and Andrew Shaw (upper body) is close to returning and could play as soon as Sunday against the Florida Panthers.
Going further, Bryan Bickell (lower body) may begin skating again next week. Bickell, 27, hasn’t played since Nov. 19.
The Blackhawks come into tonight with two consecutive 4-3 losses, prompting some criticism for goalie Corey Crawford. They play three of their next four games at home.
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 7
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 2
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 19
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 38
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)