Dec 6, 2013, 6:31 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks are walking into Friday’s game against the Anaheim Ducks a little bruised and battered, but they’re starting to show signs of healing.
CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers provides some injury updates for the Blackhawks, which are generally positive.
Most pressingly, Michal Handzus is shaking off his illness to play against the Ducks tonight and Andrew Shaw (upper body) is close to returning and could play as soon as Sunday against the Florida Panthers.
Going further, Bryan Bickell (lower body) may begin skating again next week. Bickell, 27, hasn’t played since Nov. 19.
The Blackhawks come into tonight with two consecutive 4-3 losses, prompting some criticism for goalie Corey Crawford. They play three of their next four games at home.
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 0
- Selanne offers harsh criticism of Boudreau’s handling of him 8
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 13
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 10
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 19
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 21
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 51
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (51)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)