Dec 6, 2013, 9:58 PM EDT
Both veteran players have produced at a surprisingly efficient rate this season.
Doan has 12 goals and 23 points in 27 games, producing some of his best work since 2008-09 (when he had 31 goals and 73 points). He’s just four points away from matching the 27 points he generated in 48 games last season.
Morris, 35, has already exceeded the 11 points he scored last season (in 39 games) and in 2011-12 (in 59 contests) as the Coyotes are generating impressive offensive numbers from their defensemen.
The Coyotes have only won twice in their last seven contests, so losing two experienced contributors stings.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5