Dec 6, 2013, 9:58 PM EST
Both veteran players have produced at a surprisingly efficient rate this season.
Doan has 12 goals and 23 points in 27 games, producing some of his best work since 2008-09 (when he had 31 goals and 73 points). He’s just four points away from matching the 27 points he generated in 48 games last season.
Morris, 35, has already exceeded the 11 points he scored last season (in 39 games) and in 2011-12 (in 59 contests) as the Coyotes are generating impressive offensive numbers from their defensemen.
The Coyotes have only won twice in their last seven contests, so losing two experienced contributors stings.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 37
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28