Dec 6, 2013, 9:58 PM EST
Both veteran players have produced at a surprisingly efficient rate this season.
Doan has 12 goals and 23 points in 27 games, producing some of his best work since 2008-09 (when he had 31 goals and 73 points). He’s just four points away from matching the 27 points he generated in 48 games last season.
Morris, 35, has already exceeded the 11 points he scored last season (in 39 games) and in 2011-12 (in 59 contests) as the Coyotes are generating impressive offensive numbers from their defensemen.
The Coyotes have only won twice in their last seven contests, so losing two experienced contributors stings.
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 4
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 6
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 72
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (72)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)