Dec 6, 2013, 9:58 PM EDT
Both veteran players have produced at a surprisingly efficient rate this season.
Doan has 12 goals and 23 points in 27 games, producing some of his best work since 2008-09 (when he had 31 goals and 73 points). He’s just four points away from matching the 27 points he generated in 48 games last season.
Morris, 35, has already exceeded the 11 points he scored last season (in 39 games) and in 2011-12 (in 59 contests) as the Coyotes are generating impressive offensive numbers from their defensemen.
The Coyotes have only won twice in their last seven contests, so losing two experienced contributors stings.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 22
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 12
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 7
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 15
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 56
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1